We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Stores

Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Liquor Stores

Where should I go to buy my liquor in Gulf Shores? Any place that has prices that are hard to beat?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,140 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor Stores

Good news and bad news...buy your wine at Walmart...But liquor is controlled by the state..you must buy at the ABC Store just off 59

Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor Stores

Is this the one located in Foley, Alabama?

Mentioned in this post
Foley
Foley
Alabama
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor Stores

The ABC Store is located on the corner of 59 and 2nd Street. But you are not limited to just them and they close early anyway. There are plenty of other liquor stores in Gulf Shores. There are about a dozen of them just look it up in the phone book. Hwy 59 has several before the bridge. If you want good wines try the "Sunset Corkroom" otherwise Walmart has a decent selection of more commercial wines.

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
520 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor Stores

If for any reason you find yourself heading for Florida, do your liquor shopping there. There's a Wynn Dixie liquor store just over the Perdido Key bridge that has good prices - especially if you have a Wynn Dixie card.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor Stores

There's an ABC store 1 block from the beach across from Souvenir City

Mentioned in this post
Souvenir City
Souvenir City
213 Reviews
Gulf Shores, AL
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
355 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor Stores

If you like good wine (as opposed to the giant corporate brands), some of the best prices and selection can be found at the Piggly Wiggly (yes I know how odd that sounds, but really they have some great wines from all over the world). Piggly Wiggly is in Foley right on 59 -- it is also a good place for deli Bar-B-Que and staples (not so good for fresh veggies).

If you find yourself exploring other towns in the area, you can't beat Red or White in Fairhope for their wine selection. You can even have a drink there and enjoy a small pizza or appetizer plate of artisan cheeses and meats.

As far as hard liquor, Robert C is right -- there are lots of options beside the ABC store, including a little shop in the Bruno's shopping strip at 59 and Ft. Morgan Rd.

Mentioned in this post
Fairhope
Fairhope
Alabama
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor Stores

I too have been to the Piggly Wiggly. It really does have a good selection of wines. Kinda weird! I think it is owned by some serious wine lovers. The one in Robertsdale is the same way but I'm pretty sure they are the same owners.

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: Liquor Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Gulf Shores