We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shrimp & Grits

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shrimp & Grits

What is the best place in the area to get shrimp & grits? I love them and being so close to all that fresh shrimp, I'd love to try them while down there.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shrimp & Grits

Try Cobalt. Shrimp and grits is more of a Lowland South Carolina dish, but pretty sure it's on Cobalt's menu.

2. Re: Shrimp & Grits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 17:05
West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
491 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shrimp & Grits

Two places, both a bit off the beaten track, have great takes on this Southern classic.

In Perdido Key, Fisherman's Corner does their version with shrimp and creole sausage. The grits come as a panko breaded, deep fried ball that is just super.

In Robertsdale, Ivey's grits are also lightly fried, in cake form. They come with a delicious spicy sauce.

Both are worth the trip!

Atmore
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shrimp & Grits

Wherever you go, see if they have the gouda cheese grits...it's to die for! Lulu's, at The wharf probably has it! We have tried it at The Fish House in Pensacola Fl and it's wonderful...I even bought some gouda cheese and started making mine like that at home.....

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shrimp & Grits

I like Oyster houses version

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shrimp & Grits

Saw that on the menu tonight at Fishers in Orange Beach Marina. My guess is that it is pretty good as everything else we had was.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
140 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shrimp & Grits

EAT! In orange beach has great shrimp&grits when available.

Also, had a very good bbq version at city grill last year for the nightly special.

Many places have it. Just my 2 favs.

8. Re: Shrimp & Grits

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 08:05
9. Re: Shrimp & Grits

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:18