We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

I think my 4 year old would love a dolphin cruise, but we will also have a 9-10 month old baby with us. Are these cruises baby friendly? What company would you recommend?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

hmmmmmmmmmm.....there were some young kids on the dolphin cruise we went on, but no babies. Is baby mobile yet? That can be a very squirmy age, but a lot depends on the child. I will say that you would need to hold the child the whole time, there really is no place for him/her to move around. You're out for close to 2 hours, so it depends on if he/she can be contained easily by mom & dad for that amount of time. The captains on our ship were very strict about the kids' movement and safety.

All of that being said, I would call the cruise company directly to find out their policy. We used Cold Mil Fleet, and I highly recommend them. Good luck!

Henderson, Kentucky
Level Contributor
118 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

We just went on Cold Mil Fleet last month, there was one newborn and another infant about 6 months old. Parents and grandparents held them.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

Thanks for the replies. I would expect to hold her the entire time and that is fine. She is a very well behaved and quite baby actually. I will call them ahead of time to see what they say anyway.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

Any shade on the boat? Take plenty of fluids. Go as early or late as possible

Richmond, KY
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

We took our 9 month old on a dolphin cruise with Cold Mil Fleet. It was fine, but they do require even the babies to put on life jackets. He was not a happy camper with that big thing around him, however, he soon went to sleep and slept the entire time. We've been on several boat rides (Clearwater, Gulf Shores, & Destin) with our little ones. This one was the only "calm" one. The rest were very much high speed powerboats. Hope this helps.

Lagos, Nigeria
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

Please explain yourself.

visit http://jobsearchng.org daily carrer advice and job list

Louisiana
Level Contributor
301 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

My daughter just brought her 3 month old on a dolphin cruise. Said that the rocking of the boat put him instantly to sleep. Her three year old absolutely loved it and talks about it all of the time.

8. Re: Are dolphin cruises baby friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Gulf Shores