We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing pier at Gulf State Park

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
277 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing pier at Gulf State Park

I see on the website where you have to pay $8 for a license, but do they also have fishing equipment that you can rent? I'm guessing you can buy bait there?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing pier at Gulf State Park

It's $8.00 for a saltwater pier license. More if you want an extended or regular out-of-state license. I doubt we have reciprocation with Oklahoma but it never hurts to check if you wanted to do any freshwater fishing. You can buy bait and tackle there. You are limited to what they have and depending on the time of day, how much they have. Best way to get bait is to buy a Sabiki and catch your own bait off the pier. Use it for cut bait or live bait. You can rent poles at the pier as well. Not sure how good they are but they are probably adequate. here's a link for more info.

fishingorangebeach.com/Gulf-Shores-Pier-Fish…

2. Re: Fishing pier at Gulf State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Gulf Shores