We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flooding?

Dardenne Prairie...
Level Contributor
487 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Flooding?

Just checking to make sure everything is ok. Flooding and rain sound horrible!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
580 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flooding?

Haven't been around the beach today but drove around Co. Rd 10. There were some houses underwater. Also the same on Fish River. Pensacola took a big hit. Parts of Scenic hwy. fell into the bay and some people were killed in flooding. Hwy 181 in Malbis was impassable today around 11am. Not sure what it is like tonight. Hwy 59 is open all the way from the interstate to Ft. Morgan Road. Maybe further but I didn't go south of there today. I drove back from Biloxi this morning and this was all I got to see. No problems in anywhere in Miss. east of Biloxi or going through Mobile.

Mentioned in this post
Pensacola Beach
Pensacola Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Biloxi
Biloxi
Mississippi
Mobile
Mobile
Alabama
Dardenne Prairie...
Level Contributor
487 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flooding?

How horrible!! Thinking of everyone that lives there and anyone that might have vacations planned now!!!

Any more updates are appreciated!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
355 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flooding?

Videos I've seen of Ono Island show lots of houses there in the water.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
580 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flooding?

There are and River road is off limits to bigger trucks due to road integrity. I drove to Pensacola this afternoon and Hwy 98 West has collapsed. There is one lane open and traffic was backed up for about thirty to forty minutes. Dog Track Rd was impassable, the road has collapsed there as well and also on the south end of Blue Angel they are not letting traffic through so probably a collapse there too but since I couldn't see it I can't say for sure. Lots of little collapses all over the place.

Mentioned in this post
Pensacola Beach
Pensacola Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
87 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flooding?

How is Gulf Shores and Orange Beach area? Did they get affected alot? Did it affect alot of people's homes. I feel for them, I been there, that happened to us for hurricane Rita. Its a long process and very personal and emotional experience. You don't know whether you coming or going. I hope everyone is safe. I know its a hard process, but as long as you have your life and your loved ones, you will make it through together. Something like this is when you find out your strengths and weaknesses and you will find it will make you stronger. So to those out their that is going through this ordeal my prayers go out to you and your families. God Bless and be Safe!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flooding?

Gulf shores area is perfectly fine. Orange Beach got more & there is some standing water in low lying ares and ditches but most areas are fine. Many residents got water in their homes and they are having to deal with it.

24-28 inches in those few days is too much for any area to handle.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: Flooding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:16