We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

Mustang, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

I was just wondering what the water temp was like in Gulf Shores. Heading that way for vacation in two weeks.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

google it! 75 degrees

1 ft. (Knee-high)

ESE (112°)

4 sec.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 02:33
Mustang, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

Felschurch thanks for the obnoxious reply. I did google it. I was hoping that someone actually in Gulf Shores that has been in the water would give me an update as to what the water felt like.. I thought that was what a forum board was for...

Edited: 18 May 2014, 02:46
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

It's cold if you just get in to your waist. It feels good after you fully submerge and has been fine for me as long as I'm in it or completely dry. It can get chilly once you get out. Just my opinion though. My children have been swimming in pools, creeks and the gulf and playing in the sprinklers since late March and they have no problems with the water temps whatsoever. You should be fine. The weather was beautiful this weekend and the gulf is getting warmer everyday.

Mustang, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

Thanks for the info Robert. I'm looking forward to experiencing all Gulf Shores has to offer.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

And please pay attention to the flags!

6. Re: Water Temp, vacation 2 weeks away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17