We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

Hey I am thinking about attending the Hangout Music Festival next year in May, and would like to know which airport would be the better route to get to Gulf Shores, Mobile or Pensacola? I would also prefer a more scenic route. Opinions greatly appreciated.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

Pensacola. You can drive to Gulf Shores via Perdido Key for a more scenic route.

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
467 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

I agree. The trip from Pensacola is not only more scenic (once you cross the bridge onto Perdido Key), it's also significantly shorter in time.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,100 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

If Mobile is cheaper..which I doubt, come back and I'll give you a scenic route!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

I will be flying from Hawaii. Mobile is slightly cheaper with less stops (just 1 stop) compared to flying to Pensacola (2 stops).

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

Can I have your return ticket? : )

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,100 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

dd they must be making leave ...therefore one way ticket!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

If I fall in love with the South you can have my return ticket! Are there any scenic/interesting routes from Mobile to Gulf Shores?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,100 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

Here goes When you come out of the Airport you are on...you got it..Airrport Blvd ...go left all the way to mid town and Government Blvd (98 east). Follow 98...(see paint on road) thru the old tunnel.. You will have seen new Mobile and old Mobile on this route.

Follow 98 east across the causeway..many seafood restaurants...stop and look at the USS Alabama on the right..go in parking lot if inclined.

Follow 98 east acoss the water and then into Daphne.. At the first Publix Shopping center angle right on to County 98/Main St Daphne.. Go all the way to Section Ave of Fairhope...take Section to downtown Fairhope and go right on Fairhope Ave ....if you go straight you will go to the pier http://www.cofairhope.com/

Angle left onto Mobile St...go down the bay and see all the houses on the water....you are on alt 98 and it will eventually join state 98 at Barnwell. Continue on 98 East past the Estuarine Center. good stop free..

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,100 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

Continue on 98 to the outskirts of Foley to County 65 , turn right go all the way to County 10 take a left,****** ,go til you hit 59 ,turn right to go to Gulf Shores

**** if could take a right....follow signs for Billys Seafood....go get some shrimp off the boats

A hundred feet from 59 you will see Downsouth BBQ...get a slab of ribs and the horseradish potato salad

Level Contributor
58 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mobile, Al to Gulf Shores or Pensacola, FL to Gulf Shores

Not sure how important price is to you, but when we visited last summer the cheapest rates by far were flying into New Orleans then it was a 3.5 hour drive over Lake Ponchatrain and along the Mississippi Coast.