We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Gulf Shores Beach Front Condo with southern pool

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oak Creek, WI
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for Gulf Shores Beach Front Condo with southern pool

We love Gulf Shores and have stayed twice at the Crystal Shores West Condo, which is a lovely property. The only dislike is the pool is on the east side of the condo so it is in the shade in the afternoon and can be chilly when we visit over Easter break. I would appreciate people's suggestions for a nice (newer) on-the-beach condo complex with a southern exposure pool. I am interested in a two bedroom with twin beds or bunks in the non-master bedroom for my two young sons, or a three bedroom unit. If anyone is an owner, or VRBO please feel free to ask to contact me directly. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Gulf Shores Beach Front Condo with southern pool

I always stay at the Island tower, and the pool is a southern pool , but.....

The building is so tall that the pool stays ice cold much of the year...

So you might also want to think about that aspect as well...

I think a complex with the pool away from the building, possibly on the eastern side, would be of importance as well..

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Gulf Shores Beach Front Condo with southern pool

Most newer gulf-front condos in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have pools with a southern exposure because they tend to be gulf-front pools. Examples include most of the Phoenix condo buildings in Orange Beach (Phoenix West and West 2 are the newest), the Lighthouse in Gulf Shores and The Beach Club, although there are many more. All of these also have indoor heated pools.

Starkville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Gulf Shores Beach Front Condo with southern pool

We had the same experience with Crystal Shores West. We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom condo & loved it. We also loved that we could walk to Bahama Bob's. But we never even got in the pool because of where it was located & because it felt so small. There were some college age young men there & it felt like they just filled up the whole pool. We went back to the Lighthouse & never strayed away again. We stay in 1 bedrooms 2 baths at the Lighthouse, even when we have our 2 teenage nieces with us, because they have a bunkroom that is roomy enough to be a bedroom. The 2nd & 3rd bedrooms have these bunkrooms to I believe. The LH has 2 great big pools gulf side, one zero entry and an indoor pool & all the other amenities. The other thing we had a problem w/ at CSW was the parking. It seemed like all of the parking was reserved for owners! LH has great parking. So that's my 2 cents for what it's worth. Have fun wherever you decide!

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Gulf Shores Beach Front Condo with southern pool

The Buena Vista has a gulf front Pool and the Sun shines onto it 95% of the day , They have 1 & 2 bedroom rentals and its less than a mile from end of 59

5. Re: Looking for Gulf Shores Beach Front Condo with southern pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2015, 08:18