We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here is a daytrip!

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Here is a daytrip!

I am always rec this trip so yesterday we did it again. From Fairhope.

Left early and made our way to Bagelheads in Pensacola on 98 thru Lillian...I had my favoite ..Asiago with lox and cream cheese. My 12 yr old could not finish his egg cheese ham,,,it was so large.. Then.. of course we went to Joe Pattis for steamed shrimp. What a wonderfully run business

Arrived at the Naval Aviation Museum about 9:30 and the crowds were starting. Asked for the flight line tour tickets, free, for 11 am as we entered... Did the gound floor displays on our own. Took the tour at 11.. We were fortunate to see a trainer take off and Fat Albert..the Angels supply ship leave. The volunteer guide on the trolley was very knowlegable and had flown one of the exhibit planes. Ate lunch at the cafe ..good and reasonable $20 for 4.. Kids did the cheaper Flight simulator and really enjoyed it $6 ea. Home by mid afteroon!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here is a daytrip!

BTW.. shrimp at Joe's were $3.95 a pound for 35/40 count....free steaming.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here is a daytrip!

The cafe at the museum is a really good deal and the food is good

3. Re: Here is a daytrip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:15