We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather week of Aug.10?!

Which Gulf Shores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather week of Aug.10?!

I'm starting to obsess over the weather forecast for Aug. 10-16. I know Gulf Shores might get rain every day at some point and that's typical.....but does 65% and 70% rain mean it will rain all day?! "Cloudy; thunderstorms in the morning followed by a thunderstorm in spots in the afternoon." I guess I should look to see if there are any tropical storms in the area...sigh..

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather week of Aug.10?!

Don't obsess. I did the same thing once the 10-day forecast included any of our vacation days. The original forecast had 50-70% chance of rain everyday and by the time we got there, the chances decreased to practically nothing. We got a good rain shower one evening, but that was it. You can't really change it anyway, so try to just relax. :)

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather week of Aug.10?!

It usually means we'll get a 10-20 minute downpour in the morning then late afternoon. No biggie

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,916 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather week of Aug.10?!

70% means that percentage of the area may get rain..we have seen rain I mean there it is and had no rain for a week plus here in Fairhope. It really means that it is not intolerably hot...rain means breezes. Enjoy

Edited: 06 August 2014, 00:43
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather week of Aug.10?!

I have seen the screen on TV be entirely green but walk outside the house and its bright and sunny on the island. This time of year we do get afternoon showers but they are usually short and the heavier weather is almost always north of the beach. The prevailing southern winds tend to keep the weather offshore or north of us. And yes the small showers are blessings.

Arkansas
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather week of Aug.10?!

Thanks everyone! I'm going to be positive and not obsess! We'll be on the (hopefully dry and sunny) beach on Sunday!

6. Re: Weather week of Aug.10?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16