We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India, Goa, Kerala

Tashkent
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
India, Goa, Kerala

Hi, I am a tour manager in an outbound travel agency.

I visit trip advisor website almost every day - it helps great great greatly!!

At the moment I am searching - IS IT POSSIBLE TO SWIM IN THE SEA IN GOA AND KERALA DURING SUMMER PERIOD?

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India, Goa, Kerala

Holy78, when you say summer period do you mean the months of June, July, August, September?. If so it is the monsoon season then where it wouldn't be advisable to enter the sea.

During the main tourist season of November to April it is possible to swim in the sea in Goa but be very aware that there are very strong under currents that can drag you out to sea or make it very difficult to get out of the sea.

These currents should be adhered to at all times, each year the sea claims a number of lives.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India, Goa, Kerala

If you mean June to September the answer is no !

John

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India, Goa, Kerala

Swimming is banned in Goa waters during the monsoons..........just as well!

Wolf

Tashkent
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: India, Goa, Kerala

thank you!!

5. Re: India, Goa, Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 07:17