We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

Which Anjuna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

Dear All,

Visiting Anjuna, Vagator for a week from 4thJune till 11June....can anyone suggest good indian restaurants for lunch and Dinner during Monsoons? Also fond of English breakfast...good places for English Breakfast....Your reply would be highly appreciated

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

sher a punjab in vagator do good indian food . also sita at chapora petrol station gets good mentions . and 15m from the junction of baskin robbins on anjuna main road there is a place attached to the bank for street food which is excellent . all locals places , i should imagine theyre open off season .

sri , sakana and thalassa are popular and good rests in vagator but dont know if they are open in off season .

enjoy www.tharobster.wordpress.com

Edited: 13 May 2014, 12:49
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

manu,,a few,rests,indian food maybe. www.whatsupgoa.com/GoaRestaurants/index.php…

you got,,indian and goan,,under the eat link,,some maybe a bit out of anjuna,

Edited: 13 May 2014, 14:07
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

Thanks Tharobster....i have also read about Indian Dum Biryani restaurant in Anjuna...i wonder how is it? Would be having a scooter and a car on rent....so commuting shouldn't be a problem.....i believe baga must be having some more options....i think its 15 minutes by scooter....Throbster Is Britto's remain open during monsoon.....i believe they serve nice English Breakfast.....wow you have done some serious research.....its so very helpful for me....thanks for the link

Hey EnglandBazz, nice to see you again this year....thanks for the links provided

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

you sound a nice guy manu,,have fun,,,bye

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

ive never had bad food in 'dum biryani' . ive eaten there about 5 different times incl twice this year . its starco junction anjuna .cocktails are the weak point [they try but they are all wrong!] . prices are good .

i didnt have any english breakfast so cant help on that , same with 'brittos' i havent been there but its a big place and i would have thought it would be open off season . baga is under 10 mins thru arpora village backroads .. try 'go with the flow' or '100 pillows' in baga [if open] alongside the river .

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

Thanks Englandbazz.....I think you forgot me....we exchanged a lot messages last year....although i stayed the whole 15 days in south goa last June....for you its off season....but i like it that way....less crowd is what we look for....rains we like a lot....relief from scorching heat....enjoyed our stay last year....and already looking forward to this year.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

Hey Tharobster,

Impressive blog with a whole lot of pictures....hats off to you....you are a veteran at that.....i mean providing helpful information with a lot of evidence.....the best thing i like about you....you share your knowledge that help others....

Last year i went to jamie's at colva and loved it....is jamies at Baga the same one? Jamies at colva were open for dinner only in June last year.....if they are the same owner?....i believe they would be doing the same at baga also....m not sure....do you have any insight on that one?

Sher- E- Punjab Looks yummy in pictures....would definitely visit there

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,555 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

Bazz, Manu is indeed a lovely man. I spent a lot of time with him last year and his pretty wife, mom, dad and young son.

I was there in the monsoons and Manu has a great sense of humour and we had lots of laughs.

TA would be a much better place if every person was as polite and endearing.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

dont know about jamies being the same sorry mate but thanks for feedback and glad you like. jamies baga was ok again this year , only slight thing is it had a really bad toilet smell near the area.

to get to 'sher-a-punjab' go up from starco junction anjuna towards vagator , carry on 200m and go straight past police station , and 200m further at crest of hill on crossroads junction is the restaurant on corner . and if you turn right at that junction and follow the road you pass 'bean me up' on the right which is great veggie food , and at the end of that road is the petrol station junction with 'sita' next to it .

also 'my place' italian is next to the big 'living room hotel' just around the corner , good authentic italian food .

have fun ;)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Indian restaurants for lunch,Dinner in Anjuna

Dear Chris,

Your words of praise.....are quite flattering.....We enjoyed our time with you as well ....you yourself is quite a wonderful person....with a nice set of supportive friends to you....your beautiful well maintained house here apart from the one in England is quite nice.....All of us really enjoyed our time with you....and are going to miss you this time around.....I think we are now into each others mutual admiration society....ha ha ha ha

Loads of Love and Laughter

Manu