We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Heat

Which Benaulim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Heat

I'm a very fair - skinned sun hating Brit. My husband (still a Brit but completely opposite) has recently returned from 2 weeks in Goa and can't wait for us to go out together in November.

Will I cope?

Regards

Anne

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Heat

Yes, if you really don't like the sun you can sit in the shade of the beach shacks and still be a part of it.My MIL is not really into the sun in a big way but still has a great time in Goa.

steve

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Heat

Hi Anne, Find the sun umbrella with the the thickest palms on it and nearest to the sea breeze and you will be fine and don't forget the factor 40! Give hubby the sunbed that doesn't quite get the shade of the umbrella!

Have a great holiday,Steph.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Heat

There's usually a nice breeze on the beach so it shouldn't feel too hot in November and as Saffidog says you can sit under an umbrella in front of the shacks - that is providing the authorities haven't banned them by next year!

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,821 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Heat

And even if they have banned them, you can always buy one yourself in Margao or somewhere, and put it up on the beach. I'm fair skinned as well and we always look as though we've taken separate holidays. I do like the heat though, so I'm always quite happy there.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
893 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Heat

Hi,

I never sit in the sun and use a high factor, i get a tan,but the other half goes very brown,and he always sits in the shade.You will be fine on the beach,with the breeze.

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
176 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Heat

The heat is also not as as stiffling as it can be late March/April, the nights should be a bit 'cooler' too.

Goa, India
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Heat

You'll be fine in November I was there from the 5th of Nov' last year and although it's hot we had a night of heavy rain, the tail end of the monsoon season I believe ... hot but wet just the same,it's actually ideal weather 'late' November .... beautiful.

8. Re: The Heat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 20:19