We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Brentford
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

My partner and I are returning to Benaulim over Xmas and I am looking for somewhere to stay. Our flights are booked. We have previously stayed at Zen Gardens (they are fully booked already) and Joecons Hotel. Can anyone suggest somewhere near Maria Hall / Zen Gardens area prefereably on the beach road that leads to Johnceys Restaurant. Air con is a must as well as private toilet and shower facilities. All the places coming up on the Tripadvisor website do not tell you exactly where they are located and my brother was mislead last year and was situated a 15 min taxi ride away from this area.

Thanks everyone

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

I can suggest Failaka Hotel, just yards from Maria Hall. It's a very pleasant 10 minutes walk to the beach Here's my TA review: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297606-d1157…

If you need to contact directly, here are details (the manager is called Hamilton Fernandez):

Hotel Failaka

Adsulim, Benaulim,

Salcette, Goa - 403716

Phones: 0091 832 2771270, 2771865

Mobile : 8888807301, 8888807302

E-mail : hotelfailaka@gmail.com

Btw....TA moderators...

I'm not an agent, getting commission, or have any commercial interest in this hotel. Just passing on info that might be helpful to this member and perhaps others.

Edited: 05 June 2012, 11:30
Scotland
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Hi,

Hi Brentford,

If all else fails, you may want to try asking Domnick, who seems to be able to find local accommodation for holidaymakers (although not necessarily great at responding to e-mails!).

Tell him that Bryan & Val from Scotland suggested him as a contact - or, failing that, just hang out in his shack, usually 4th along to the left from the beach car park. His e-mail address is: domnickshack@yahoo.com.

Have a great time wherever you end up.

Delhi
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

You can stay in Taj Exotica hotel and Jupiter Resort which are near to Benaulim. You can get more hotels near Benaulim from this resource - best-goa-holiday-packages.com/goa-hotels.html

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

The Jupiter resort has been closed the past 2 seasons and is now going through a major refeb at present

dorset
Level Contributor
553 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Second vote for the Failaka. I have not stayed there myself, but friends of mine have. It is very near to the cross roads and Maria Hall. Apparently the hotel is spotlessly clean.

Another one that would fit the bill is Star of the Sea resort. http://www.starofthesearesorts.com

Sunny Beach Bulgaria
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Doe's this hotel have a swimming pool? Is it in a good location to beach and restaurants, we don't mind a bit of a walk to both. Most of all is it clean and quiet at night?

Thank you to anyone who replies as we have never been to south Goa and we are told to stay in Cavelossim but accommodation there is out of our budget, or those within our budget have bad reviews

Thanks Phil and Debbie

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

I'm lucky because I stay with a friend in Goa, but I think you might find that there are fewer budget options in the south than in the north, particularly if you want a pool. What is your budget per night?

Sunny Beach Bulgaria
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

Well last year we stayed in a hotel for 600Rs per night with basic breakfast. I can get a place in Benaullim for the same or 900Rs a night with a pool. I would prefer Cavelossim though and could stretch to 1200 Rs a night if we had too. The cheaper the place the longer we'll stay but we will be there a minimum 6/7 weeks.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay?

Have you stayed down south before? sorry i have just seen that u havnt.i ask because you say to stay for 6/7 wks which is a long timefor the south if you havnt been.and done a research of it.. Its much quiter than up North. We go south for 5dys in jan. when we go to Callengute for 10wks.and find that it is long enough and glad to get back upnorth.! But --everyone has a different preference.

Edited: 29 June 2012, 23:49
10. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 June 2012, 07:39