We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Dear Friends,

will be there from 11 till 18th June before moving on to Majorda....can anyone advice about any restaurants during monsoon which remain open? Heard about Sun and Moon...does it remain open or closed during rains. From the pictures...it doesn't look like they haven't got the infrastructure to remain open? or do they? Do they have a place to hire scooters or self driven cars? how much do they cost? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Hello Manu,

I have been to Joecons several times, near the Taj Exotica front gate. Great food and service. They stay open all year. There should be others too. Ask the waiters about scooter hire, or ask at any little store on any street.

Chances are, one of the lads will ask you first as you walk along. They will all be looking for business, being low season.

No worries,

Jyoti

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

When you are in Majorda there is Pentagon and Fishka.

Both very good.

manchester
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Try Hawaii Gardens on the right at the bottom of the beach road leading from Jacks Corner. It was open last year in 'close season', lovley place and great staff.

Wing
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Pedro Bar and Joncy's on the beach will also stay open for he monsoon. Cavatina, a newish place will be open too....it is on the Taj side of Benaulim.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Coco thank you. I asked the other day about new restaurants in Benaulim and you just said the one I was trying to remember. Is it Ok? Can you give me any info please as we are thinking of going this coming week?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Hey Jyoti,

Great to see you here again.....apparently, your advice in the last trip really helped....didn't shared my experience....but I am doing it now in short. Enjoyed my stay in north in Lemon tree and liked Candolim with no tourists virtually empty....liked it that way....didn't like calangute and Baga....not very well kept beaches...then moved on to Alila Diwa and enjoyed the stay as well as Majorda beach.....had our meals at Fishka and Martin's Corner.....Liked Fishka far far more than the famous martin's corner. The quality as well as taste of food was much better at Fishka....Martins Corner was quite crowded but we got our table quickly as well as service was promt.....didn't like the loud music there...in spite of sitting far away from the singers....the main reason we were there FOOD....was quite mediocre....Loved fishka and there butter garlic prawns as well as all there other dishes that we tried.... didn't have a single bad meal there.

The first meal we had in the north was in LOrange was just outside Lemon Tree....was happy to see the restaurant there as did my research and found LOrange as a good restaurant before arriving in Goa....Actual experience--- Disaster what ever I ordered turned out really bad not even mediocre.... Ordered seafood platter which was quite bad ordered some vegetarian dishes bad again. Lemon Tree food was quite good in Buffet...in Breakfast....as well as there other restaurant Republic Of Noodles was quite good.....but a bit too expensive after they put in all the taxes. Hired the scooter and had a ball. My hotel and scooter were the only two things which I enjoyed In North.....Shacks were obviously closed...so nothing to write about them....will experience them in future.

This time will spend my entire time in South in Benaulim Taj Exotica before moving on to Alila Diwa and Fishka my favourite as of now.

Goatraveller will also try Pentagon this time.

Pollygon will try your choice of restaurant as well thanks for the advice

Coco Pedrobar and Joncy's will be open during rains? will try them and let you know about my experience thnks

Anyother suggestions are always welcome....what's your favourite dish in these resturants?

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

My Favourite dish in Fishka is Surf and Turf, but i have to say never had a bad meal in there the whole 5 weeks we were there. it will be the first restaurant i go back to when we arrive in Goa.Manu i hope you have a Wonderful time.:-)) Gel

Wing
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Cavatina is a different experience...up market therefore more expensive. The owner is the chef and he tries really hard to give you a good time. The menu is not as extensive as some but plenty of choice. We have been a few times and he has come to talk to us about our choices.

The food we had was very good and we will go again.

Hope you enjoy it too!

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

Thank you.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Restaurants open during monsoon in Benaulim?

That sounds like another restaurant to try, thank you Coco.:-)) Gel