We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

1 post
Save Topic
Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

Hi there,

I am coming from Australia to Mumbai....and staying there for 3 days and than going to jaipur via delhi its all part of same ticket. I just want to know if i buy a bottle of wishky from Aust it will be fine to take all the way to jaipur in my Check in luggage or i better buy from Mumbai and put it in my check in luggage ?

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

Buying in Australia or Mumbai is your choice. I guess you know the relative costs. Either way you will have to put it in your check-in luggage when travelling from Mumbai to Jaipur.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

As long as it's in your suitcase and not hand luggage ... we purchased in uk airport duty free forgot to put in suitcase when we changed from international to domestic flight ... they would not let us take through in hand luggage....

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

In India liquor is not allowed in hand luggage of domestic flights.. you have to put them in check in bags

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,809 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

I carried Liquor in my suitcase, (checked in luggage) between Delhi and Amritsar without any problem.

BOB.....

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,804 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

Put in checked in luggage wherever you buy it, wrap in plastic and plenty of padding .

I allow 2kg per litre bottle, just to give you an idea of weight for your packing.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
19,849 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

Post#3,Liquor is allowed to carry in hand baggage in domestic after putting in sealed pack but only if bought inside terminal after security.

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

As far as I know only Delhi has a liquor shop in the domestic terminal.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
19,849 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

We are going to see Liquor shop in other airport too in near future.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

2 of 8 i was understanding that our main luggage would be checked in at Birningham then not see again till Goa after change at Delhi, have i got this wrong?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights

I have never been to Delhi but if you transfer at Mumbai you have to collect your bags and recheck them back in for Goa. You also clear immigration at your point of entry. You had better check when you check in for your flight.

Reply to: Carrying liquore on indian domestic flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calangute