We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Hi All.

Looking forward to going soon.

I have been told by someone I know that The Phoenix Park in does a shuttle service from the Airport and back on request.

Has anyone used this?

Ive emailed the hotel and havent had a response as yet.

If not how much would it cost me for a taxi ( 2 adults).

We have a free transfer with Thomas Cooke;

Was wondering how long the Thomas Cooke transfer would take? Or how long by private taxi?

Thank you for your help, its very much appreciated

Hels x

14 replies to this topic
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Hello

We were at Phoenix park last year and used a taxi from the airport even though we had a free transfer,it's much quicker than the bus and takes you to the door of the hotel rather than the main road where the bus drops you and then you have to drag your cases up a side street.cost about 20 pounds there is a kiosk outside the airport where you buy a ticket and are allocated a taxi really easy and much more convenient so late at night.don't forget to let the rep know you are not using the bus so they don't wait for you

We always use the bus provided on the way back to ensure we are there on time and can find out about delays gets

Karen

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Thank you Karen.

I would def tell the rep, been advised its quicker to go by taxi.

What sort of time does it take by taxi? Whats you thoughts on the hotel and any top tips for a first timer for Goa.

Ta muchly

Hels

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Hello Hels

It will take about 45 minutes,the hotel is lovely we have stayed there twice and last year had a lovely room which looked as though it had recently been decorated.The breakfast is really good with lots of choice and a good opportunity to try some Indian breakfast food although you can have bacon and eggs to order If you are a pool lover be up early to bag your sunbed as there are only a few and the pool doesn't get much sun.We love the beach so this isn't a problem for us.there are lot's of good beach shacks_Alex's and shems are 2 of our favourites. the beach is left at the main road at the end of the street and then at the crossroads turn right and keep going past the stalls where you can buy beach towels etc,we never take them as they are so cheap and leaves space in the cases for other stuff!.you can eat at the hotel but to be honest there are better and cheaper restaurant s nearby.Just up the road is fat panda which was amazing, a little more expensive but with good views is the restaurant at the top of the acacia hotel,a little further away is Tuscany gardens and wok and roll also really good but I'm sure you will find your favourites.hope this helps please read the tips for first timers and you will be fine have a great holiday we're not going this year and will miss it so much!

Karen

H W
10 posts
4. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Thanks Karen for your great help.

Ive had my visa granted today.

Read loads of posts including the 1st timers one.

So excited.

Shame your not going.Maybe next year

Thank you again.

Hels x

spain
Level Contributor
254 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

i have also stayed at p/p and agree karen is right, but being 1st timers it might be a good idea to use the free bus with thomas cook so you can see a lot of the way the goan people live and work depending on what time you land,helen be aware you will find this a culture shock so my advice is to use the bus for your 1st time, and i know you will have a great time, sorry ill be missing you i dont go untill 14th jan

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
6. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Must agree with Karen take a taxi it's a fair way to drag your luggage

when a taxi will take you right to the reception entrance,stayed there

about 3 times great hotel.

H W
10 posts
7. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Thank you.

Im getting excitef

Hels

H W
10 posts
8. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Thats a shame we wont meet.

I land at 5 pass midnight so will want to just get there I feel.

I went to cuba last year that was differant. Im going up to mumbai during my stay so will see lots of culture shock I expect. Its humbling and shows us how fortunate we are.

So looking forward to getting away. Will be arriving home Christmas morning. My regret is not being there for all of Christmas Eve. Work calls on 27th Dec for me and hubby

Hels x

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Hello again

I would definitely use a taxi at that time of night as there will be nothing to see.use the bus or a taxi to travel around and you will see local sights and sounds

Karen

H W
10 posts
10. Re: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn

Thank you x

Reply to: Airport to Phoenix Park Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calangute