We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions in goa

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, England
Level Contributor
44 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions in goa

Hi peeps

Going to Goa in Jan 2010 for the first time, getting excited even though its ages away yet, but was just looking at some excursions, they all seem fairly expensive in holiday brochures.... but always a little bit wary of booking with the locals, dont know why, just am... has anyone done this and did they haggle and was it okay etc etc.... please advised before i pay silly money to a big tour operator. Thanks very much!

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions in goa

Hi Janet use the taxi drivers or Johns Boat trips .I.m sure someone will bump the post up for you so you can get a rough ides of where they go and how much they cost.Barbs

manchester
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions in goa

barbiejane is right,go with a taxi or johns boat trip they are a fraction of the price .i have booked for jan 2010 when do you go and where are you staying.DONOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THE TOUR OPERATOR they are a rip off

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
44 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions in goa

Hi there

We fly out on the 31.01.10. from Manchester..... and staying in Calungute so right in the centre of things, dunno whether thats a good thing or a bad thing really... i booked this last year so had a long wait so far, aaarrrghhh. but thought i would just start looking around to see what excursions they have, as would like to see as much as possible whilst there..... When are you flying out? Have you been before then?

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
44 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions in goa

Thank you BarbieJane

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions in goa

Janet DE Perrystanks compiled a thread Trips from the North. I have attched the link, the prices are likely to be a couple of quid out due to price increases and exchange rate. But it will give you some idea. As has already been said book trips independantly,

tripadvisor.co.uk/…7126037

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions in goa

Janet your welcome but please don't do what we did the first time we went to Goa.We did'nt go out of the hotel for the first week as we were like you very wary of using the local taxis after having bad experiences in Spain.What a mistake we made.The taxi drivers were fantastic and so helpful.We going in November for the 6th time love it and can't wait.Barbs

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
44 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions in goa

Many thanks for that info, will have a look at link. Cheers

Janet

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
44 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions in goa

Oh it just sounds so fantastic, oh i wont wait to get out and about, just need to find my feet a little, ill be out on the first day, exploring knowing me. LOL. But will defo not be booking with tour operators now, will go with the taxi thing and already had a look at johns boat tours....

Was just hoping to find something i could look at for the elephant and tiger safaris, or jungle safaris you know the type of thing! Defo like the look of the houseboats though! Me and my hubby would love that!

manchester
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions in goa

been for tyhe last 3 years going in november and going back 18th jan staying in candolim at the silver sands. the first couple of days you may well be in shock but you soon get over it,the taxi drivers are great,i can give you the name and number of one that has looked after us for 3 years,where about in manchester are you

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions in goa

Janet here's another useful tips link that you may find helps you for your first visit. ;-))

tripadvisor.co.uk/…15244151

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations