We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport to calangute

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from airport to calangute

how much is a taxi from airport or is it just as easy to get bus to calanguta

thanks gary

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

Hi Gary, a taxi should cost you around Rs600-700(roughly £8 give or take). The taxi's are easy to get as you can get one right outside the arrivals and they're a lot quicker than waiting around on the coach.

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

click on link glassmanhttp://www.childrenwalkingtall.com/Taxi-Prices-Goa-Airport.htm

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

There is a Kiosk just inside the airport where you can get a ticket for a taxi. This gives a fixed price which is the amount you give the taxi driver. You can add a tip if you like. Change some money in the airport (say £20) so that you can pay and have some over. The airport rate of exchange is not good.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

Definitely do not change money at airport - the rate is the worst in Goa by a longshot and they have a fairly high minimum exchange amount. All the taxi drivers will take sterling, euros or dollars or, better still, ask driver to stop at a money exchange place when you get to your resort where you can change up some money and avoid having been stung at the airport money exchange!

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,011 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

Hi londonraffles1

It is illegal in India to deal in any currency other than Rupees unless the person/company is liscenced and a Taxi driver certainly does not fit that catagory.It is part of the Indian governments policy to try to stop the black economy and money laundering.

jaipur
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

Indian Government Authorised Prepaid Taxi Non/Ac is Rs. 600 .

I took from outside and paid Rs. 550 (from airport to Calungute Residency )

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

If you want to pre book a taxi that will be waiting for you at the airport when you arrive contact:

Rock..0091 98 221 55709

email rock7511@gmail.com

Have used him for the last 3 visits and he wont let you down...

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

Hi badgerlad,, i E.Mailed rocky earlier, maybe abot May, and havnt had reply. Is it because out of season, and should i wait until the seasons starts.!

Goa, India
Level Contributor
698 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

It is SO easy just to pick up a taxi outside the arrival doors, I wouldn't pre-book as there's just no reason to (unless it's cheaper of course). There's always a chance that they will be late or you're early, so can be a hassle waiting for a particular taxi, instead just go to the booth, say where, taxi comes, no problem.... :)

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi from airport to calangute

i agree with poppie it is better just to go to the prepaid booth at the airport and i find it is around 100 rupees cheaper as always seems to be 100 rupees cheaper from airport to calangute rather than other way.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations