We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

hi we have a booked flight 3 adalts 1 child direct from gatwick to goa and 3 weeks in Palmarinha resort calangute . 17/12/09 to 08/01/10 we can not go for personal reasons am willing to let anyone haveit. we paid deposit £200 total left to pay for flights and hotel is £4300.00 please email for more info

Glass.shop@hotmail.co.uk . there will de an admin to pay the holiday company.

Gary uk

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

Does not look like much of a bargain to me.

north wales
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

Im afraid that aint no bargain my friend but good luck.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

Hi Gary

sorry to hear you can't go to Goa now.

Wouldn't you be better cancelling your holiday and losing your deposit - unless the £200 you've paid is one of those 'low deposit' thingys where you'd have to pay the rest of the deposit on cancellation?

That's assuming that your travel insurance doesn't cover cancellation.

n wales
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

don't think anyone will buy at that price, but couldn't you just change to a different holiday on different dates they will only charge you amendment fee.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

Glassman7, Howcome you are on CUBA forum asking about xmas in Cuba!!! when you say you have booked for Goa. I am afraid you may be SHAMMING as you would have had to have paid in fullby now if goingto Goa on 17th DEc.Anyone else agree!!!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
738 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

Well spotted hmmmmmmmm!!

Yes you would have had to paid in full by now.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

I also wasn't aware you could sell your holiday on, to a third party, though I could be wrong on that score.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

actually think u can name change but not sure on the rest of it??? i would cancel or change dates if i was you glass-man?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

I thought you had to pay the balance 8 weeks before departure.

That would mean the balance is not due until 22nd October - so the OP could still cancel and jut lose the deposit.

It's not clear (at least to me) if the OP has paid £200 deposit and the remainder due is £4300 or if there's £200 left to pay on the flights plus another £4300 for the hotel.

£200 deposit for 3 adults and 1 child does sound VERY cheap though - maybe a 'low deposit'booking.

Although the holiday is over Xmas & New Year, I can't see him offloading it at that price.

Flight times/airline details might have been helpful.

First Choice fligts would be (to some) more attractive than Monarch.

Maybe the personal reasons are because the OP has found out vaccinations are required and he doesn't want the child to have them.

Cancellation of a holiday to Goa doesn't mean that the OP can't book another holiday to somewhere else.

London, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bargin flight and hotel up for grabs!!!!

Ok so a flight to goa direct no stop off and a 3 star hotel B/B for £4300 for 3 weeks over christmas if you can do better, this time of year for less well done. i will loose the holiday but someone will pay full price for same holiday and the same flights If you can get flights now direct (all sold i think) or you will pay more for just the flights and that will be for 2 weeks not 3 sorry !!

good luck to all hope you all have a good christmas in England

Gary

Get answers to your questions about Calangute