We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach shacks

East Bergholt...
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
beach shacks

Are the beach shacks still open towards the latter part of April? I understand from reading some reviews that they are seasonal and wondered what the season length was.

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach shacks

Hi

A few may be but the majority have in the past started to dismantle as the charters stop.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach shacks

You're joking of course. PLEASE tell me you're joking?

dorset
Level Contributor
553 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach shacks

Bruahy is right.

A lot of shacks start to pack up at the end of the charter season. A couple of years ago we arrived in Candolim on the last 2 week charter of the season (we returned home on about 6 May). On arrival there were a few shacks open but by the second week there was only one!

Ram of Ram's shack decided to stay open for an extra week once he realised the date of the final charter of the season! By the end of the week there were just 6 of us sunning ourselves each day.

Don't worry too much, as most beaches have a few brick built permanent bars/restaurants that are open all year round.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach shacks

Effin' hell. We're thinking of going to Varca next Easter (middle two weeks of April) and were hoping to spend a lot of time at the numerous beach shacks along there.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach shacks

If it includes easter, then I would assume that the charters are still running (or flying, even). If there are tourists around, there will be some beach shacks open.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach shacks

So is Easter busy enough to warrant the shacks staying open? This is most troubling news - it's the beach shacks I was looking forward to the most!

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach shacks

I'm pretty sure all the shacks will be open over easter. They will start to come down mid April onwards.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach shacks

The last charter of the season generally departs around the last weekend of April. There should still be some shacks open until then.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach shacks

The shack we use (Captains Cabin), comes down around about June as the last of the brits leaves, the 'local' tourists arrives and he makes the most of it.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach shacks

can you tell me when beach shacks are all back up and running i am thinking of going 2nd week of november thanks

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations