We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oceanic pearls apartments:-inhumane

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
oceanic pearls apartments:-inhumane

I had booked My stay at the OCEANIC PEARLS APARTMENT for 3nights dated 22nd-25th Jan 2011 paid in full in advance,

I had to cancel my trip on the 21st of Jan since my grandfather passed away,I informed Frank and Tania of the same the very next day.

They offered me an extension of stay to which i informed them that i shall confirm the dates within a few weeks once the last rights were completed.

I requested Tania to provide me with a "CREDIT-NOTE"for payment of the room booked as well as the extension of offer provided to me by her so that i can forward the same to my employer to justify the advance (LTA) = Leave travel allowance i had claimed for the trip.

In reply Tania E-mailed me as trying to fool her, and that i had lied about the situation,

to which i replied as follows

"" Dear Tania & frank,

I am amazed at the amount of disbelief that you have shown towards me, that to at such a time when I have lost a dear member of my family,

I want to clarify my position with regards to my request for the credit note, as you know I had to cancel my trip since my grandfather passed away on the 21st of January 2011, just a day before my scheduled departure for goa.

I had applied for leave from the 22nd at my place of work for the visit to goa for which I had claimed compensation in advance as LTA (Leave Travel Allowance), since I did not travel and reported the same reason to my office they demanded the advance back, at which I informed them of our conversation and of my future travel to goa, for which they demanded a "CREDIT NOTE" from you as a confirmation, such that the funds given as advance is proof of my payment to you and of the advance LTA provided as being actually used.

I completely understand the various reasons that you may be getting for cancellations of the rooms, and I completely understand the distrust you may have in my situation as well.

I do apologise if in case my request for a "credit note" has upset you or insulted you in any way. I was just trying to clarify the doubts being raised at my place of work about the advances provided to me. I am very grateful for the courtesy that you and frank have provided me and in no way to I intend to misuse it. but I must say I too am hurt by you doubting my interests, I have had many a conversations with you and frank over e-mail and I find it hard to believe that you would doubt me that to over such a serious issue. finally if you still do believe that I am lying about my grandfathers death, you can go ahead and cancel the extension of stay that you have granted me and also not worry about the room rent paid to you,

For you satisfaction I shall also forward you a copy my grandfathers death certificate in the next few days once I receive it from the municipal office so that you can have valid proof of my claims. I am not as shallow as to fake my grandfather’s death that to for something as small and insignificant as a few days worth of room rent, that to when I know that any cancellations within 7 days of the stay date is treated as non-refundable.

Once again I thank you for your courtesy and will await your reply,

I HAVENT RECIEVED A REPLY FOR THE ABOVE LETTER TILL DATE.

I believe that FRANK & TANIA are nice people but this is a big shock to me.

and the HEIGHT OF INHUMANITY

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oceanic pearls apartments:-inhumane

Sorry to hear of your sad loss.

At the end of the day they are running a business and I imagine they do receive lots of excuses for cancellations. It must be very difficult for them to know who is genuine or not.

One days notice gave them no time at all to rent out the room.

I hope you can resolve your issue with Frank and Tania and I can tell you in my dealings with them I have found them to be open and fair at all times.

2. Re: oceanic pearls apartments:-inhumane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations