We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tripper Goa - AVOID

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Day tripper Goa - AVOID

Had an absolutely horrendous trip through daytripper, they refused to give us our money back despite all the photographic evidence, blamed another company, and are now asking me to stp e-mailing them. £150 of my momney they took, agreed it was filthy and disgusting and then pocketed our money anyway. We weren't the only ones ripped off by them either. there are plenty of honest sellers of trips, avoid day tripper and Devbagh island!

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
524 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

Hello Sarah, must say we have used daytripper twice and found them to be worth every penny. We did the waterfalls and the spice plantation and the elephants but not Devbagh Island. What went wrong ? Baz

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

Sorry you had such a bad experience with daytripper Sarah. We went on a 3 day trip to Mumbai with them and stayed in a very nice hotel, no complaints at all.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

sara try DAVIDAIR,, next time,, been going a lot longer than tripper,,has a good rep...he is on the net,,,,

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

England Bazz, i seem to remember an almighty stink a few years ago to do with Davidair, It would not be somthing i am prepared to write about on the forum, nor can i remember the gory details, but i remember enough to say watch it!!!!.Thing might have changed of course but be carefull.

I have gone on many a trip with Day Tripper over the years and have always been happy, but things have changed there to, what with Enid and Eddie retireing. I think it is hard to pick at the moment due to all the changes, we will have to note what is said on the forum , and go from there.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,961 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

Vurda

like you, I've used Daytripper quite a few times, one to Mumbai which was very well organised.

But that was before Eddie & Enid retired so maybe things have gone downhill - which, if true, is a real shame.

I must admit that the service we received when we were just asking for information about trips when Eddie wasn't there was not as good as when he was.

Sarah - sorry to hear you had a very bad experience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

I was so disappointed, more with the way they just weren't bothered. We were told that afterwards that things had gone downhill there since Eddie and Enid retired, it's such a shame that they just weren't willing to put things right. Instead we were accused of trying to get a freebie!! We cut our trip short by a day because it was so awful. Lesson learnt, all you can do is warn others i guess. Thank-you all for your comments.

Belfast
Level Contributor
440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

sarah was by any chance your trip in and around the 19th of March this was the time of the full moon the biggest moon in 18 years ...we too did a trip to a beach around that date and the dirt of the place was unreal . I have never seen the like of it .that trip was with Johns boat tours..BUT I have to say we have done 3 or 4 trips with D/T and have always found them fine ...colleen

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

Baz, When we arrived, all of the signs at the entrance were ripped and rusty. Then when we went to the beach there were no chairs as they were all broken as well, the benches had large parts missing from them. There was dog poo all over the place, all through where the accomodation was and over the beach.

The people working there spoke very little English so it was hard to even find out what the food was. We were told there was a bar, it was a small shack with a choice of two drinks. Nowhere to get any snacks between meals, as lunch and dinner were 7 hours apart, and the afternoon tea, was a cup of tea with two biscuits out of a 20 rupee packet! didn't expect a feast but you usually get something more than that. The bonfire and snacks before our main meal were supposed to start at 7, at 7.45 we were still sat in the pitch black.

The only reason we didn't leave that afternoon was becaue our driver had driven 4 hours to get us there and didn't feel it was fair on him, so we left at 8am the following morning, went straight to daytripper and were fobbed off, have complained a lot since, but they seem to feel this was an acceptable standard.

Edited: 03 May 2011, 19:47
Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

DAVIDAIR - If you have no scruples use this company - I do remember all the gory detail - avoid this man at all costs.

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day tripper Goa - AVOID

Google Freddy Peat

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations