We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st day in Goa

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield england
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Topic
1st day in Goa

Hi

Going to Calangute on Thurs arrive Lunch time what would you suggest to do on your 1st day & night,I have never been before

BRIDGEND - WALES
Level Contributor
236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st day in Goa

Hi Jerseysue,

You will love your stay in Goa if you've never been before.On your first day and night,i would recommend you just chill out(with a few beers)and acclimatize to the goan way of life.Head for the beach and watch the sunset with a kingfisher beer and get a good nights sleep.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st day in Goa

It can be a bit of a shock to the system the first time in Goa so probably best mooch around the hotel and surrounding area to acclimatise. Find somewhere to have dinner, chill with a few beers and have an early night. The next morning head for the beach and find a shack you like the look of.

It will probably take about 90 minutes to 2 hours to get to your hotel after you land. Where are you staying?

sheffield england
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st day in Goa

Hi Katiep

I am staying at the Ticlo Resort you gave me some info on it earlier,anymore info, I am so excited now, nobody has a bad word to say about goa

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st day in Goa

get into a taxi and tell the driver to take you to after7 restaurant, the best eaterie in Goa, a little expensive but the fillet steak is suuperb, if you dont want that on your first night go there at some point of your holiday. enjoy

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st day in Goa

Hi Sue, the Ticlo is a good location. To get to the beach turn left out of your hotel and the right when you get to the crossroads, this will take you to the beach steps.

We usually start our first evening by having a drink or two at the Redonda, it's not exactly atmospheric but it's right at the crossroads and we like to watch the world go by. For the last 2 visits we have usually followed this with a meal at the Tibetan Kitchen which you will find on your left as you go towards the beach.

Turn right out of your hotel and you are walking towards Baga, be careful though, the traffic can be crazy and there are no pavements.

Whatever you end up doing you will have a great time.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st day in Goa

hi Katieb is the Tibetan Kitchen on the calangute beach road and is the food any good?

thanks

neil

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st day in Goa

Hi

My advice would be to unpack your bags before heading to the beach for a stroll and a couple of ice cold beers. That's when you realise what Goa is all about.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st day in Goa

Hi,

If this is your first visit to India, I would not worry about trying to do too much on the first day/night for two reasons: Firstly, you will feel tired and fuzzy after the flight and secondly, you may be in for a bit of a culture shock which is always worse when you are feeling tired.

Stay close to your hotel, perhaps have a wander to the beach, but have a good evening meal and have a resonably early night, you will feel great the next day and more in the mood for exploring. Enjoy it!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st day in Goa

Hi Bobsy,

The Tibetan Kitchen is on the left as you walk from Calangute crossroads down to the main beach steps. There are a couple of Tibetan restaurants but haven't tried the other one and cannot remember what it's called. We think the food is good.

Manchester
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st day in Goa

Hi

I'm of to Calangute too on Thurs from Manchester. The last time I was there was over 7 years ago, not sure if much has changed. Its a fantastic place and can't wait to return. Have a great time you never know we may bumb into each other.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute