We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kindle

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
518 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Kindle

Hello everyone, my wife reads alot on holiday and im thinking of getting her a kindle, the question is do you have to be in the shade or can you read them in the sun. Thanks for any replies. Baz

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kindle

No problems in the sun Baz.

England, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kindle

Hi Bazmundy, yes you can read them in the sun they are very good will store all your holiday books and more, make sure if you get one to also get a cover for it. You can buy the covers off e-bay they are a lot cheaper.

Janey1019

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kindle

Hi Baz,

got my wife one of those last Xmas- best thing I've ever done, hardly a peep out of her since. Bliss.

Would recommend you get a cover for it because of the fine sand on the beach and a clip-on light for reading in bed. As Stalex says no problems at all in the sun.

Dave

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kindle

Cheers, got the chance of one second hand for £30 4gb i think so ill get it. Cheers Baz

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kindle

I got one. Probably the best thing I've ever bought. I've got the "3g+wi-fi" this means I can download books in loads of places abroad online through the Kindle.

Go for it, you'll love it.

BOB.

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kindle

Best present my husband has ever got me,love it and no problems in sunlight.

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kindle

i agree with all previous posters you can read it easily in daylight,E,bay is best for cases,screen protectors etc,they also have a waterproof bag that closes with a toggle great on the beach and you can read through it,,,many shops in Goa and the lads on the street sell a little light that folds in on itself when not in use ,and it fits realy well on the kindle

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kindle

I absolutely love my kindle. Normally manage to get through 6/8 books so it's brilliant for saving luggage weight.

jen x

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kindle

Maybe im just old fashioned or just old........lol........i tend to take one book with me and when finished i swap it for another one in a hotel i'm friendly with.

When i'm at home i never pay for books as i use my local library.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kindle

Badgerlad.

I bought 33,000 books on e-bay for £7. Granted there's only about 300 books there that i would read. Not quite sure but i think thats less than 2 1/2 pence per readable book. not expensive I think.

I'm gonna stick with the Kindle.

BOB.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations