We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa photos at Jessops

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Visa photos at Jessops

Anybody else had a problem using Jessops to get their inidan visa photos took?

Me and OH went to use their service yesterday and to say we paid £9.95 for 2 photos each we were hoping they would be really good quality.

We stood in the corner of the shop with a white roller blind pulled down behind us and had the photos took. They looked ok when we had them done, but after having a proper look at them this morning they just arent up to standard.

It may be me being picky, but because there was no proper lighting when we had the photos done only the shop lights above it has made our faces look slightly shadowed and the right side of the photos look darker because we stood in a corner.

I know how hard it can sometimes be to obtain a visa especially from India and don't want something as silly as the quality and standard of the photos to let us down.

Do you guys think I'll be able to get a refund? I have also found out that photobooths do the visa photos now and having photos done before in them they are better and highlight your whole face......oh and I can get 4 photos for £5 as opposed to being ripped off by Jessops!

nottingham
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

yes just had my visa returned because of the photos that i had done on my computer, so did them in photobooth at a cost of £7

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

What was the reason behind your photos being sent back? Do you have to pay again to have visas done or can you send new photos to them and still get it done?

mansfield
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

hi sunn place, i had my photos done at timpsons and had 6 done at less than that and i was told if they were no good come back and they will do them again free also in the past i have always had passport photos done at max spielmans and this was always the same deal there if no good redone free.

mansfield
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

needless to say i have never had to go back so obviously in your case some one not doing there job right.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

If you're not happy with the quality of your photos then take them back and tell them the problems with them. If possible take the VFS Global guidelines for the photos. Better to do that than have your application sent back unprocessed.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

Think im going to go to a photobooth instead and get them done there. Jessops will probably offer to do them again but its a bit far out to go back again. At least I have learnt from my mistake and will have peace of mind vy going to a photobooth.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

Try Tescos or the Post Office photo booths £7 for 4.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

Hey all. I just had mine taken at Jessops and had the exact same problem. How hard would it be to put a blind up behind the shop window? The manager told me that they do them like that all the time and no one has had a problem. Mine are for a US visa (not too sure how strict the Indian visa assessors are). I would normally be ok with them for other visas but I'm now applying for a Fiance visa so I've got deadlines to meet. I'm heading to the post office in the morning to see if I can get them done. I hope so because it would be much better. Last time I applied for a work visa none of the photo booths did them. I'll let you all know the outcome for future readers.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

We were told about a photo booth/camera shop close to the Thomas Cook shop in Margoa which do perfect visa photos which our friends have used many times, correct size and quality at a very small charge for several copies and ready in minutes. Unfortunately we didnt manage to get there this year, but will pay a visit next year for future supplies.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa photos at Jessops

Most of the photo-booths in Asda; Morrisons and Boots have the option to choose the 2" x 2" size for Indian visa

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations