We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

senhor angelo again!!!!

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
senhor angelo again!!!!

After all the recent bad press about the hotel we are so worried about our forthcoming trip ,I have contacted the travel agents and found out we are still within the time to change our booking to a different hotel.

It must be in the jewel in the crown brochure and be the same rating as the senhor. Has anyone got any advice on such a hotel or do you think we are being daft in changing?

Thanks Mandy.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: senhor angelo again!!!!

Riverside Regency is the same rating as Senhor Anghelo and is in the Jewel brochure, stayed there twice , absolutely no complaints, but it is much further out.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: senhor angelo again!!!!

Well I posted the latest review on the Sen. Angelo " no longer a favourite". Some reviews from first timers staying at the same time as me were more positive than mine but I guess it's because I have stayed there when things were so very much better that I noticed the drop in standards, as did other repeat guests, like BrenLiz.. My room didn't have the problems experienced by others - just the view of the junkies on the lane below my balcony. For me the issues were the building work and the replacement staff, the 3 room boys and barman. who were not a patch on the old crew who, if you go back and read the older reviews, were always praised as being one of the best things about the S. Angelo.

If you are still thinking of changing hotels I wouldn't recommend the Village Royale or the Beira Mar as I have heard bad reports - checkout the TA pages on them. The only J.I.T.C hotel I have stayed in the last 5 yrs (when I booked too late to get the S. Angelo) was The Osbourne and I had no problems there at all, the same as when I stayed there about 7 years ago. It is not in the same area as the S.Angelo, being near St. Anthonys Church - the one that serves as a roundabout on the Candolim Road.

Have a great time whatever you decide!

bridlington
Level Contributor
321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: senhor angelo again!!!!

Hi Mandy ,

We are due to go on the 18th , our 4th visit & have deciced to go else were main reason being as trv d said that we have tasted the good , as we have allways had a back room its the building work that was the last straw for me having seen some photos on the reviews , is a shame cos its in a brilliant location , but decided did not want spend the next 3 weeks worried about it

sue

4. Re: senhor angelo again!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2013, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Calangute