We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers need advise

Newcastle upon...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first timers need advise

Hi all,we are a group of 9 , 7 of which are first timers to goa. i have read with interest the reports on the forum over the last couple of weeks and collected some good tips. what i need help with is this, 2 of our party (myself and other half) will be celebrating 30 years married this year and we are all hoping to go out to a nice restaraunt, doesnt have to be cheapest, dearest, just serve nice food,have a good atmosphere and welcoming staff.please help, and thanks in advance for any replies. ps will we have to book in advance being a party of 9? sorry forgot to say e will be staying at the osborne in calagute 29/02 till 13/03 .

london
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: first timers need advise

There are loads of places that offer great food and places like After 8, Souymans (spl) and several others are ofton described by some as a cut above.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timers need advise

Hi Val,

I've had a similar dilemma to you as the friends we're going with, it's their 25th wedding anniversary and I wanted to take them somewhere nice, not the most expensive and over-rated place in town but a really nice restaurant.

Loads of folk recommended Jamies Place in Baga!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g635747-…

http://www.jamiesgoa.com/

Maybe see you in there as we will all in Goa around the same time!

brierley hill west...
Level Contributor
351 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timers need advise

Simple.....A Reverie ticks all your boxs.its a place you will never ever forget for all the right reasons.holiday st in calangute

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first timers need advise

Try I95 its 2 minutes away from the osbourne, abit more expensive than most places in goa but well worth a visit, the food is spot on and its got a lovely atmosphere.

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
494 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timers need advise

We loved I95 too. Went for the firs time this year but will definately go back. Fantastic food and menu and a lovely place.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first timers need advise

Totally agree, I95 is excellent, had some lovely meals there, went to A Reverie for our anniversay last Feb and no-one in and a bit disappointed , Le Jardin opposite A Reverie, same kind of food and not as expensive .also Travelbar at the top of Holiday Street pass the ice factory is a nice restaurant, dosn't look much on the outside but nice courtyard inside and food very nice

manchester
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first timers need advise

we arrive at the osbourne early hrs of the 12th , if we dont see u , "happy anniversary "" maybe we will c u next yr xx

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
96 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first timers need advise

Try Soulymans its amazing. You will need to book a table in advance. Great food and service. We were there end of January and have to say it was the best meal we had. You can go and watch your food being cooked. One word...FANTASTIC

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first timers need advise

I second Iain's recommendation - Jamies Place, Baga - they'll organise a celebratory cake for you too if you let them know in advance/ reservations - 0091 9764362379

midlands
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first timers need advise

100% a reverie, good food and a stunning setting.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute