We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry question

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Laundry question

What is the rough cost of getting laundry done. OH doesn't fancy the usual pile of washing when we get back .. LOL

Peter & Jean

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry question

I've been paying about 20 for a shirt, 25 for trousers, 20 for shorts and the same for t-shirts.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry question

very cheap anywere,,, in the hotels and anywere they do it, do a bag ful for a couple of quid,

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry question

I think we paid about £4 ish for a carrier bag full at snow whites, we found the hotel expensive.

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry question

I paid 10rupees per item at Annies laundry, Benaulim, washed and ironed great value for money. Danny

Mentioned in this post
Benaulim
Benaulim
Salcette, India
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry question

Hi LondonGoa-gir, were do you get yours done, the laundy i used a couple of years ago closed down and couldn't find one last year, we are staying in Calangute

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry question

I don't find the hotel laundries that cheap, shame we don't stay in Benaulim as 10rp is great value. This holiday I only wore 3 pairs of shorts and 4 T shirts during the day as kept washing and wearing the same ones. Most of the washing I bought back was OHs! I'm quite prepared to pay a tenner to bring all the washing back clean but he says they come back too hard - what a wuss! Must admit I wouldn't send my dresses and more delicate stuff that I wear on an evening there but think they're fine for shorts and T shirts.

Mentioned in this post
Benaulim
Benaulim
Salcette, India
Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry question

Snow White Laundry in Candolim is excellent - not the cheapest, but really, really good.

Wolf

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry question

Snow whites is good but I agree with Gemma, wouldn't send my good stuff.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry question

samlivvyl - nowhere near Calangute is the answer!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundry question

Hi,

There used to be a laundry called "Vel wash" (or something similar) on the Calangute to Baga road, it was just past the Ticlo, does anyone know if it still exists?

Mentioned in this post
Baga
Baga
North Goa District, India
Get answers to your questions about Calangute