We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money?

Hi, bit of and abstract question, but we are a young couple going for 2 weeks, staying at Osborne- how much spending money do you recommend? we are taking around £570- will this be enough?

I keep hearing how cheap Goa is to eat and drink, and we plan on doing maybe one or two trips, r we going to have enough cash?

Just worrying a bit as usual!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money?

We average approx £350 per week, (for 2 of us)But, we eat out every meal, we hire a bike, we take trips down South or to Mumbai, we bring home shoes, handbags, shirts, hammocks, smellies, honeybee, spices, indian tea, etc, etc,

It depends what you do, obviously! Maybe take your cash card as back up, just in case. There are plenty of ATMs around.

Hope you have a great time..

Susie.x

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money?

I would be a little nervous with £570 for two people for 2 weeks (you don't know my wife!!). £700 may be better or at least back it up with your debit card (don't forget to inform your bank before you go that you may use it in India). 2 people can easily eat out at night with drinks for £10.

Scottish Highlands...
Level Contributor
149 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money?

Don't worry, if £570 is your budget then you will be fine. That's £40 a day, so you will be able to eat and drink to your hearts content and still manage a couple of cheap trips. You won't have too much left over to buy much stuff, but who needs stuff anyway ? It's the experience that counts.

LEEDS UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money?

We've been 4 times & never spent as much as £570 but we don't buy much apart from food & drink and the occasional trip.

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending money?

We always take £800 and never needed anymore,sometimes bring some cash back too.

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much spending money?

Well...................... we (2) normally spend what we take, got this thing that we save all year and have two weeks of spending it on whatever but Goa was different. We were spending around £50 per day and living like lords! we brought money home which is unheard of.

If you have a budget try and have a limit for each day, it can be done if you eat and drink in the right places.

I know we will not be taking as much money when we go again this year, although saying that i did like the handbags!!!!

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much spending money?

i brought money back the first year but say £50 for 2 per day . then i put on bike hire and other stuff. jewelry and any clothes we have made has to go on the credit card.

didnt manage to bring money back last few years!

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much spending money?

Ok, feel a more reassursed now. We dont plan on buying too much there, but we'll just be wary of what we're spending! Maybe have extra too as back up.

As always you guys have helped us out!

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much spending money?

Hi katie

As you are staying at the Osboure you have lots of reasonably priced restaurants within easy walking distance... just by St Anthonys Church there is St. Anthonys Tea Garden/After Dark, and just along the main road from there is Taste of India, and if you head south a short way you will come to Holiday Street, heading down to the beach... and down there you will find The Seagull, Maggies and several other places to eat. None of them will mind if you pop in during the day and ask to have a quick look at the menu.

You will find The Osbourne down near the bottom of the map, next to the church in the middle of the road juntion... and Holiday Street is the one with Golden Eye at the beach end.

findall-goa.com/Maps/Calangute/Calangute.jpg

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much spending money?

Forgot to say don't book any trips with your travel rep. as they charge over the odds, the taxi drivers can usually organise for much less. Ask a few to get an idea of the charges before committing... and ask the other guests at Osbourne who they recommend.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations