We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making A Hard Decision

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Making A Hard Decision

Hi everyone.

I am booking to go to Calangute in November this year, but I cannot decide which hotel to book into.

I understand that this is a third World Country and I am not expecting the Ritz, but, the reviews on this site are frustrating.

Just when you think you have found a nice hotel the reviews start going down hill and this puts me off.

I am only wanting a hotel as a base as we will be spending most of the holiday exploring around the area, but we would like one with a pool for the odd quick dip.

Can Anyone help, please?

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Making A Hard Decision

Sounds like an STD......

John

Edited: 15 May 2012, 19:45
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Making A Hard Decision

I'm going 29 nov and stopping in MIra hotel, also from mighty Leeds , haven't seen many bad reviews and they are all from snobs!ha

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Making A Hard Decision

I don't know what people are thiking of when they write reviews sometimes I booked the Ticlo early last year for xmas and a couple of weeks later there was the most awful review for it the so I posted on the forum and the same person posted back and said it was awful and she even PM me begging me not to go anyway we stuck with it and it was fine basic but clean and the food was some of the best we had so I now do look at the reviews but if it sounds ok with most we give it a go. Jennie

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Making A Hard Decision

Hi, why would you want to travel to a third world country?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Making A Hard Decision

Cheap beer!! Wahoo

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Making A Hard Decision

Well you have to be careful when reading the reviews, it's all down to context. Check the persons other reviews - if their last 4 holidays were 5* to St.Lucia then it's no suprise they will find fault with the standard Goan 2* or 3* hotel. It's when a review begins with " We have been going to Goa for 9 years and this hotel is without doubt the worst we have ever been to... " then you know it's bad. Also I find that acceptable standards depend on the country of origin of the reviewer so I tend to put greater reliance on a review from a fellow brit. - with no offence meant to other nationalities.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Making A Hard Decision

CHEGHOLF----whats made you have your 1st appearance on this forum???

yorkshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Making A Hard Decision

Hi stotz....not so mighty as Huddersfield lol.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Making A Hard Decision

No just bout 20 times!haha

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Making A Hard Decision

Why do you go there Cbegolf? You seem to be quite well travelled in India.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute