We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa help

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wrexham
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
visa help

Hello,

Just to get my head sorted,

We are going to florida 9th dec for a week. Then we have goa booked on the 13th Jan for a week.

Are we best applying for a visa through the post in september time to make sure its back in time for florida but making sure the visa expiry date is ok for when we come home on the 20th Jan

or

applying after florida(but with xmas etc i think its not the best)

or

after florida on the 17th mon dec when we land in manchester. Pop to the visa office and get it sorted and posted to my home address.

Just so I can pop a date in my diary to get it sorted:)

thanks for your help.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa help

I would say apply before you go to Florida, as you say Xmas/New Year could screw things up... Be aware that there have been reports recently of people applying for a 6 month visa but only being issued with 3 months, and as it starts from the date of issue you will have to time it right... so you might be better off waiting until mid Oct.

Edited: 18 May 2012, 13:40
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,429 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa help

I agree with trev, I definitely wouldn't risk leaving it until you get back from Florida & would apply around 18 October.

wrexham
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa help

Thanks for your help :D.

How come they are sending out only 3month ones? or is the answer unknown.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa help

Unknown... they tend to change the requirements and rules from year to year anyway. Recently we've had new photo sizes and only 1No. passport per envelope for return - who knows what will happen for this coming winter?

Edited: 18 May 2012, 14:36
Stockport, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa help

I have just applied for business visa for India and they have changed two requirements since last year. Letters have to be addressed to Consulate General and not High Commission and also need passport number on every letter. Last year it was the photo size and the year before I cannot remember .... whatever next!!!

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa help

I think they plan to issue 3 month visa's to those on the list of employments that require letters from your employer stating you have no intention of carrying out any work in India.

i,e Civil and local council, employees, police & civil support staff, social workers, teachers, journalists etc.

Please see my recent post re visa.s.

7. Re: visa help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:41
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations