We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candolim or Calangute

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Candolim or Calangute

which would you choose overall, beach restaraunts, bars, closeness of everything.

regards andy

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Candolim or Calangute

Candolim Andy.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Candolim or Calangute

Same as.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Candolim or Calangute

Ditto!

Wolf

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Candolim or Calangute

I'd vote for Candolim too, we've stayed in both places but Calndolim wins hands down as the place to base yourself

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Candolim or Calangute

IMHO Callengute---forthe closeness of r esturants & bars, Candolim is spread out a lot so you cant walk from A TO B you need taxi or tucktuck--)

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Candolim or Calangute

Candolim for us, don't mind a night out in Calangute but wouldn't want to stay there, basically Candolim is one long strip, never had any problems walking from A to B so to speak and if you don't want to walk there are plenty of taxis and tuk tuk's.

Candolim has a lot and I mean a lot of really good restaurants and bar's, the beach is good especially since the boat has finally gone. Where abouts in Candolim are you thinking of staying, we prefer the top side near to the football ground but we have also stayed nearer the Sinquerim end which is quieter, it all depends what you are wanting at the end of the day.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Candolim or Calangute

I agree with you all , we have stayed in both , but once in Calangute was enough. Candoim every time for us. There are lots of good restaurants and bars here, You will enjoy it i am sure of that. We are going back in October staying till march so yes we love Candolim.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Candolim or Calangute

Candolim is the purpose built tourist area, it was only a tiny village twenty years ago, so everthing is there for the tourist, Calangute is a working town as well as been a tourist area, Baga is virtually the tourist over spill from Calangute and has slowly developed as a tourist area over the last thirty years

Candolim or Baga are both pleasantly lively places for first timers that want good restaurants and shacks in strolling distant of their accommodation

Calangute covers a big area and parts of it a great as well

Edited: 10 August 2012, 15:16
manchester
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Candolim or Calangute

I would vote for Calangute as it has a much more Indian feel , Candolim is more purpose built and a little bland in comparison although it offers lots of great restaurants.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Candolim or Calangute

Candolim floats our boat,some really good restauraunts in the calangute area too

Get answers to your questions about Calangute