We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Widegates, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

going to goa in feb for 3 weeks on a package holiday.

am thinking of extending my stay so binning the return flight and getting a scheduled flight back

can you do this?

many thanks

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

Yes, you are just not supposed to do the reverse route,(arrive schedule leave charter) but some get away with it......

You might be cheaper doing the whole route by schedule, some good deals available with swiss airlines and saudi airlines from London via mumbai.

Edited: 12 August 2012, 08:13
Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

Not worth the risk, only need an officious immigration officer and you could be in big trouble and miss the flight you have paid for

A lot of scheduled flights to Goa are cheaper than the charters also it is cheaper per flight to buy a scheduled return ticket than buying just a one way flight

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

Hi

Last year we went on charter, my mum and dad died why I was there, the rep said we could go back on scheduled only if we had special circumstances, to get permission would have taken longer then the charter as it was leaving in 4 days.

Julie

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

ron ,,had this kind of post a long time back..of a guy who had got one of each ,going /coming charter/ seg dont do it,,, problems..

Edited: 12 August 2012, 17:26
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

Ron, just to clear up what I said earlier and to relate indian entry and exit rules.

You may enter on a charter, and are either required to leave by charter or schedule, if leaving on a charter it must be within the timescale of your visa, it must be at the port of entry unless already arranged in advance if you were on a tour or dual location holiday, those arrangments must have been advised in advance to the Indian authorities.

Thousands of visitors a year enter on charter and then leave by schedule, including those on long stay holidays, those suffering illness, and those given extensions to visa or stamps, and those involved in criminal or other related matters.

The only issue is if you do the reverse route, enter schedule and leave charter, this can cause problem,s though some get around it.

What you propose to do is certainly with the rules as set at present.

Yorkshire Uk
Level Contributor
376 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

We booked a one week package with Thompsons a couple of years ago in a cheap hotel which we only stayed in a coupe of days before moving on. We stayed in Goa for 6 weeks ditching the return flight. When we were ready to go home we rang the Thomsons rep and she got us on a flight back within a few days at a reasonable price. It was more convenient for us to do this rather thanb scheduled flights as we wanted Manchester direct to Goa. The legroom was better than scheduled too.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

Excellent summary Happydays,the rules when you had to return on a charter flight after arriving on one was rescinded years ago.I have booked enough people flying back to the Uk to know there is no problem whatsoever.

John

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

.......and there you have it!

Good posting, GHD.

Wolf

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

ron ,, check it out with the airlines,, looks like a lot of swaping and chainging has gone on,,,the last time i put it on here was cos this guy had got 2 diff tickets charter. and seg, and could not do his goa trip that way,, it,,,was years ago, about 6 ,years but some times travel agents not ,bothering to much to check whats what as long as thay sell the flights,,,as this man found out ,,,bye

Edited: 13 August 2012, 09:33
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: entering on a charter flight but returning on a scheduled fl

This is a great thread , i also thought that the old rules" you leave on the same type of flight you came on" still applied. That is what used to happen years ago, and it was a pain. The fact it had changed just passed me by. i am very pleased with this info!!.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations