We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoid

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Typhoid

Hi,just got a typhoid booster after a bit of a struggle.A whole batch was sent back and cant be re stocked till after the new year.So if you need a jab dont leave it too long in case you struggle to find one ,sandy

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typhoid

hi sandy it prob one of them lots from CHINA,,,more probs,lol,

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typhoid

You could be right Bazz lol

Blackpool
Level Contributor
487 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typhoid

Typhoid Injections are going to be a problem as all batches have been re-called and that includes the batches that could have been used last year,so some people could only have limited protection. Bring out the hand gel and hand wipes and take extra precautions as it looks like stocks may not be replenished this season.

essex
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Typhoid

Hi,

We can't get our typhoid jabs. Eventually, we were given a prescription for oral vaccine, but cannot obtain this either, anywhere. We were told to finish the course before starting the malaria tablets, so unless we can locate some vaccine soon, looks like we will be stocking up on the hand wipes/gel!

The travel nurse advises the usual, don't forget, bottled water to clean your teeth, no salad, ice, even sandwiches, and cut up fruit, as you can't be sure the person who made it washed their hands!

Oh, and keep your mouth closed when showering........

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typhoid

We eventually got our jabs from lloyds chemist in liverpool.They had limited stocks of typhin.Hope this may help.sandy

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typhoid

I had my jab a couple of weeks back... there was no individual typhoid vaccine available but I was fortunate in that I could be given a combined Typhoid/Hep A injection.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typhoid

Still trying to get our Typhim jabs. Having to ring surgery twice weekly till stocks come in. Don't fly till 1st Feb so still have time. I suspect if I pay private some will miraculously appear.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Typhoid

Still trying to get our Typhim jabs. Having to ring surgery twice weekly till stocks come in. Don't fly till 1st Feb so still have time. I suspect if I pay private some will miraculously appear.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typhoid

probably better than having to do things twice daily .lol.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Typhoid

Crazy. Just went for my booster tonight and told this too. Hopefully another practise has it so doing a trip else where tomorrow to get it. What a drama.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations