We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Devon
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

I have just read the post Questions I should have asked before I booked, and would just like to thank those that replied to that post - and the person who asked the questions!

I too have booked our first trip to Goa in March and I am looking for any advice.

Firstly my next task is to arrange the Visa - I am really struggling with this, there seem to be so many companies and I don't know what I should be looking for, can anyone give me some help!

Also it is more expensive than I had anticipated - it is only myself and my partner travelling on a two week vacation, but am I right in saying a Visa appears to be in the region of £80-£85?

I would be so grateful if someone could steer me through the minefield......

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

just got ours back,4 day turn a round, done the paperwork online,go to meerkat ,she has all the answers follow her advise to the letter and u will be fine,cost £42 each i think.pay online as its cheaper then postal orders

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

This is the official website for visas.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

This is the Link to Meerkat's excellent guide which should see you through the application process.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k5…

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Bridge

to set your mind at rest, the cost of a visa is £42.20 made up as follows:

£30.00 visa fee

£2.00 consular fee

£10.20 service fee

plus the cost of sending it and having it returned to you.

Igirl has given the the link to the out-sourcing company (VFSGlobal) which deals with visa applications on behalf of High Commission of India.

Any other company you find will be an agent and they will charge you a fee on top of the VFS charge and they will still have to go through VFS.

However, some people do find it less stressful to pay extra to an agent and not have the worry that you may have done something wrong as they check the information you give before they submit it.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

The visa application should not be stressful it is not difficult everything is explained on the vfs website read the questions do not assume anything after all it is only a form and the most complicated thing you are asked is what is your job

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

The total cost for 2 visas for me was £42.20 per visa = £84.40 + £18.25 for postage, total £102.65. It isn't cheap ! ! ! and if you've got to get your photos done then add another £7 per person.

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

hi

can you do your application for visas on line and take to birmingham and get them back same day or is this a stupid question

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

It's not a stupid question, but you can't get them the same day, they have to go to the consulate first.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

Dagfield, no it's not a stupid question.

You have to do your visa application online, and once completed you can take it to Birmingham in person for processing but it won't be done the same day, it'll take a few days to be processed where you can either have it posted to you or collect it in person.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa

dagfield.

Not a stupid question.

Yes you can take it to Brum.

No it will be ready for collection after 3 days.

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa

hi

thanks for that

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations