We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria medication side effects

grand rapids
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Malaria medication side effects

I am in Cambodia and am really sick. Hotel manager and pharmacist say it is probably from Malerone althought I ate a lot of street food in Vietnam before coming here.

Sick all day. Wondering if I should seek medical attention? This is scary..really severe diarrhea and upset stomach.

Pousada by the Beach
££ - £££, Seafood, International, Indian
Relish
££ - £££, Indian, Seafood, Asian
Oriental Thai-European Restaurant
££ - £££, Seafood, European, Asian
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaria medication side effects

Yes I think you should get medical attention if its severe and been going on for a while. It sounds like food poisoning and very unlikely to be the Malarone. Try not to take Immodium, it will make it worse in the long run and get to a doctor.

2. Re: Malaria medication side effects

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Calangute