We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price increase of alcohol and food

Which Calangute hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Price increase of alcohol and food

Does anyone know anything about the rumoured price increase of alcohol and food across india and Goa

Apparently it's trebled in price which is the info I've just been given by a friend returning from Delhi

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

There was a one day strike when we were there end of april with restaurants which had aircon closing for the day cause the rock cafe was closed but all staff sat down inside something about taxing them that had air con what the outcome was I've no idea

Goa
Level Contributor
858 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

I see people only care about beer on here :) - Yeah, not much has changed on the beer front that I've noticed... I will try and do a bit more research for you - Any excuse to have a kings..

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

good man pra,,,u know it makes sense,lol,,but goa is very ,,BEAUTIFUL,,to,,lol,

India
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

i have been there recently with my husband and i don't think you can find such a cheaper alcohol at any other state in india . food is little bit expensive but any one can afford it . Petrol prices are lowest there .

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

Yeah that's why everybody loves Goa. Everything is beautiful out here.

Cheers

New Delhi, India
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

Not correct, prices hv increased only by 10 pct or so of the Liquor.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

When we went to Delhi/Agra/Jaipur the prices were much higher than Goa and there were separate menus, i.e with greatly inflated prices, for tourists.

The prices were pretty much on par with what you'd expect to pay in the UK

Perhaps your friend is quoting Delhi prices rather than Goan ones? In our experience there was a vast difference!

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

We found prices here in Calangute the same as last year. Admittedly oy our second day but bttle gin 180, port wine 100 and large beer shack or restaurant 90- 100. Great exchange rate so quids in Id say!! So dont worry. Cheers!!!!

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

lie,,,,be carful with that gin at that price a bottle u prob go blind or something,,,,lol,,,have fun,

Goa
Level Contributor
858 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Price increase of alcohol and food

I think a 10 or 20 Rs price increase has been adopted by most, Infantaria price list have some things increase and others decrease so all in all, I think it leveled itself out. This menu seems to have been updated this month.

beingchildren.org/Cost-of-Living-in-Goa-Indi…

Honey bee used to be around 120/125 Rs last year and I think the same bottle is now 150 Rs. I know honeybee is a favorite of many on here (me also) :)

Get answers to your questions about Calangute