We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala

wales
Level Contributor
204 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kerala

im goin to goa nxt march and would like to spend a few nights in Kerala whats the best way to get there and i dont want to be cramped up on bus lol

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerala

You can either take the train(12 hrs), or simply catch a flight from goa to Cochin

wales
Level Contributor
204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerala

whats the train like

deal kent
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kerala

we travelled down and back by train in feb .a/c one way and non a/c the other would do it again.did all the arrangements with joma travel in calangute

train down,one night 4* in cochin,then to munnar,two nights in munnar,

down to allapey and one night on the backwaters,train back.

all travel in keralo in new seven seater toyota with driver/guide.only extra is entry to whatever you want to see or do,and a tip for the driver

cost 175gbp per person

trains are best booked in advance

4. Re: Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 10:20
Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kerala

There are different classes of train carriage. I travelled from Goa to Kerala ac2 tier class, you share a berth with 3 other people and get bedding, pillow and air con. On the way back I travelled sleeper class.... Very basic bed, no bedding provided and crowded. A great experience and a good way to mix with Indians. Depends how brave you are!

My blog gives a full picture.....

http://india-by-rail.blogspot.co.uk/

Goa
Level Contributor
872 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kerala

If you haven't done a train in India then you should as its something you can knock off your bucket list. Prices are good and its a great way to see the country, hanging out a train door watching the world pass you by,...

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kerala

Fort Cochin in Kerala is one of my favourite places in India.

Make room for a couple of days there, if you can.

Wolf

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kerala

Travelled Cochin to Goa in January ac 2 class. 15 hours, pretty uncomfortable. We were told there are no direct flights between Goa and Kerala.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kerala

I don't think there are direct flights either and you will probably need to connect through Bangalore or Bombay.Take a look at routing options on one of the Indian travel websites such as yatra or cleartrip. It may be too early to book yet as many of the domestic flights do not get released for sale until about 4 or 5 months in advance, but you can check the routing options with some dummy dates and get a rough idea for the price ranges too.

I loved Kochi too but was very disappointed not to have seen inside the old synagogue which was, bizarrely, closed for Passover! Some of the old buldings there reminded me of the go-downs in the Chinese area of Port Louis in Mauritius, but they were probably all built at the same time by foreign spice traders . And those fishing nets are sunset are worth the trip alone ....

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kerala

Deffo no direct flights from Goa, we spent 5 days in Kerala in 2000 and loved it.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute