We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria tablets

hertfordshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malaria tablets

I am going to Calangute in december, should I take malaria tablets, lots of people sa y no, they make you feel ill, is it a high risk area.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaria tablets

Check with your GP or practice nurse for up to date advice. You will get a lot of different opinions on here if you put 'malaria tablets' in the search box. We have always taken them and they don't make me feel ill.

north wales
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaria tablets

we always take malerone with no side effects

england
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaria tablets

It,s a matter of choice, the risk you take. I personally will not risk not taking them, better have a couple of side effects, if any than have full blown malaria. Speak to doctor what is best for you, as some people prefer to pay extra for malarone as find more suitable, for last 8 years I have taken a course of p and c, and never had side efforts. The only downside of them is how long you take them for, as need to still be taking four weeks on return.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaria tablets

Consult with your GP or practice nurse about what tablets to take, only they know your medical circumstances. Then by all means come on here to ask the cheapest place to buy what is advised.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaria tablets

Hey,

i would suggest that taking Malaria tablets with you depends upon the places you are going to visit.

there is a map for it... antimalariatablets.co.uk/malaria-tablets/…

Although the map is not correct completely...

I have traveled a lot with out them and never had any sort of problem.

Ahmdabad, nasik, kolkata, Pune, mumbai dont have this problem unless you visit some slum area.

Even goa is now out of it...

Moreover season of your travel also matters a lot, it is on peek at July-October

November afterwards there is not much of problem.

Moreover talking about side effects

Read this.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g306995-i9760-k5181…

Mentioned in this post
Pune
Pune
Pune District, India
hertfordshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaria tablets

I have been to my travel clinic today, had jabs, asked about malaria tablets, she said it is a personal decision, I am confused, going to goa in december, heard that vitaminB, helps stops the mossies biting, I currently take them. still not decided, she said they can make you feel really ill, shall I chance it, and take good protection with me.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
england
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaria tablets

No good asking people on here if you should chance it, not a vote, it, s your health. Only you can decide what to do, after consulting your doctor.

8. Re: Malaria tablets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Calangute