We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eye test

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Eye test

Hi going to calangute in December just wondered if anyone has used any opticians there and can recommend one or give any feed back from buying glasses there

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eye test

Hi Pete

Get your eyes tested for free at Tesco then take your script to Goa.

I havent bought any glasses out there but lots of people do, im sure someone will be along shortly to recommend somewhere.

Level Contributor
1,138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eye test

there are plenty of good opticians in goa type glasses or opticians in the search bar loads of threads there

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eye test

I've used "Romano's" in Calangute

several times, no charge for eye test if you buy specs from them.

I had no problem with them.

BOB....

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eye test

Hi i have been using Dangui just near the Temple in Calangute for a few years and have found there prices and service wonderful, we take prescriptions with us for about four different people and they are always perfect,he does Eye test as well and i was with someone who had one and the glasses were fine, i also buy contact lenses for my daughter and other family members and her friends, they are a fraction of the price in Goa compared to the UK. Hope this helps. :-)) Gel

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eye test

There are loads to choose from....

We have saved hundreds of pounds by getting prescription specs in Goa, they tend to be plastic lenses though....

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eye test

Is that a new bikini you're wearing Glyn?

Must get my eyes sorted this year...:-)

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eye test

Thanks for ur help

8. Re: Eye test

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations