We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Monica

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Monica

Has anyone stayed at Santa Monica

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Monica

Loads of reviews on here. Lots like it. When we stayed we found the staff very friendly and helpful but the dogs at the house next door bark all night. Really couldnt sleep.

Lots of people complain about them but not sure if its still an issue.

Castlederg
Level Contributor
542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Monica

Its a nice enough place, try not to get room in rear block, toilet roll factory noisy.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Monica

Nice quiet location unless the dogs bark.

Great restaurant at the end of the road sizzling Ice.

Great bar end of road and turn left Prashants halfway house.

15 minute walk to beach past the Hungry Horse.

Great staff at the hotel.

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Monica

Forgot about sizzling ice. Very nice.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Monica

It will be our 9th visit to SM in January. Great staff, rooms done every day. The food in the restaurant is very good and not over priced. The safety deposit boxes require a padlock. Take your ear plugs the local dogs can be noisy. Ask for a room facing the pool. Sizzling Ice round the corner also gets my vote. When do you go?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Monica

I will be returning there on Wednesday, clean, good free air con,small enough to remain friendly, alright for me x

Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Monica

100% Hotel, staff out this world so helpful, onsite jewellers are fantastic. this was my review of hotel

Cant Believe that people can moan about this hotel. Staff, Rooms, amenities, Location, Food, helpfulness and price paid 100%.

Onsite jeweller's Musstaffa and Sons are highly recommended for new stuff and repairs to old jewellery. We had a ring made and my wife's ring repair there (repair quote here £150 cost there £10).

But there is a sting in the tail for those that want to check out late i.e 20:45 or after 11:00 am they charge you a whopping 1500 rupees (approx. £17) I can hear you all saying that aint bad but when you don't find out until the last day and your all spent up it is a lot and also bearing in mind you can get a local hotel of same or better standards for £10.00/night.

For those that have read about and booked this hotel I would be more than happy to stay there again I think that says it all.

My sons been twice as well and he always asks for room a rear over looking toilet roll factory ......lol

Edited: 03 December 2013, 22:47
Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Monica

o yes and as stated great walk to beach turn left at top of road round pass football pitch and comes out by hungry horse, Cross road and down lane to beach and chat to locals there are so friendly

watch out for snakes ....lol saw several over the weeks

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Monica

Thankyou for the replies, we fly out christmas day really lookimg forward to it. We didnt know what to expect but alot of people say it takea a few daya to get used to the place. Will the weather be sunny most days?

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santa Monica

Yoi should have wall to wall sunshine. Have a great time

Get answers to your questions about Calangute