We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat.

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Where to eat.

Hi. It's our first trip to Goa going in five weeks. (Can't wait) We are staying at the Santa Monica in Calangute, My better half has some mobility issues. And we were wondering where the best places to eat are in the area. We like curry's (chicken, Beef) Not really a fish eater. Ant recommendations on were to go and were to avoid.

Thank you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat.

Hi

For the best steak in Goa, it has to be Sizzling Ice. From the Santa Monica, go to the end of the road and turn right. It's the closest restaurant you'll find and though it doesn't look much, the food (including curry my other half tells me) is fantastic! The service is great too.

Also, Prashants restaurant and bar is end of the road and turn left. Follow the road round and you'll see it on your left.

Have a fantastic holiday! :-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat.

I agree with all of the above....Great food and fantastic service.....

portsmouth
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat.

I agree sizzling ice is great...

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat.

We will be trying sizzling ice next week. Can't wait to get back.

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat.

Sounds like we are going to have one of the best places just round the corner from us. Sounds like a plan.

Is their anywhere that should be given a wide berth?

Whitby, England...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat.

you could always try whynot tashies,not sure how far from santa monica,food and service very good.freshly cooked if you hear a hissing sound it,s his pressure cooker ,so all fresh cooked not warmed up .just a suggestion.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat.

Yes sizzling ice , you will find the Curries far nicer & spicy in Goa than here in the U.K

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat.

Tashi's would be a short 5-10 min taxi ride away, I recommend this place as well as Sizzling Ice and Prashants.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat.

Agree with all of above and Prashant is a lovely guy, he'll help you out in any way he can. When we were there in oct we really liked Lazy Days aswell, which isn't far from you hotel

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat.

Fantastic so Sizzling Ice seems the place to go. Along with Prashants, Both of which are within a short stroll away. Thank you for your most welcome recommendations. Seems like I have a lot of questions that I am sure you will answer. Any idea if the Santa Monica has safety deposit boxes and if I need to take my own padlock?

Get answers to your questions about Calangute