We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Hi,

As most peeps on the forum know I am all over the place looking for a hotel. Have came across this one on the Cooperative travel web page, going out 5th feb - 19th feb 2015, TCook flights, from manchester, what do you all think? need aircon though and safety box???

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Meerkat stayed there a couple of years ago and would stay there again.

Air con extra and safe boxes in reception.

Its very near to Calangute centre.

http://www.hotelmiragoa.com/

Edited: 14 February 2014, 20:58
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Thank you Badger! this sounds great

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Nice Thai restaurant in the 'lobby' too.

Small pool.

10/15 mins walk to the beach, if you turn right out of the hotel and take a dirt track on your right this will take you to the beach.

Alternatively you could turn left out of hotel, then left at the circle, keep walking down the road and you will come to the famous (or infamous) Calangute steps entrance to the beach. (20 mins or so).

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Is their shops near it Badger? will take the dirt track to beach though, at least it's quicker lol

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Yes, lots of shops , bars and restaurants nearby

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Hi stayed at the Mira 3 times , it,s clean , the best location ever and the staff are lovely .

It is 2 star but better than most 2 stars in goa .breakfast is not the best ,toast that will take your teeth out but who cares when you can have breakfast on the beach for pennies

would def recommend and I'm sure you will have a great time

Great place to eat lazy days , turn right out of the hotel about 100 yards on the other side of the road

We have stayed at a variety of hotels in calangute and candolim and back at the Mira for 3 weeks in jan along with 2 other couples .at the moment I think the Mira is coming up one as one of the cheapest places to stay for next session . Don,t be but off by thinking because it's cheap there must be something wrong , it's a great hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Stayed at the Mira a few times very central in Calangute, clean hotel & lovely staff. Ask for a pool room at the back better view.

Boo

Edited: 14 February 2014, 22:29
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Would deo recommend the Mira. Me and the OH stopped here in March 2012. We got a great deal for 3 weeks. At first we were a bit cautious due to the fact it didn't have a star rating and we were the only people who stepped off the coach when we got dropped off, but after our first day there we couldn't fault it. The hotel is clean (which is a must for me) and staff are friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel is located in a great place, not far off the main roundabout so you're close enough to the long strip of restaurants, shops and bars. I don't usually go to the same place twice but me and the OH are going back to the Mira in December and we cannot wait!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

Many thanks to you all for this positive feedback, will have to get my skates on and book it, heard back from Pretty Petals this morning, no availability for dates i wanted, however The Mira will fit the bill nicely! Do they have kettles in rooms etc? must have caffiene fix 1st thing in the morning! I would be taking our own T Bags, Gold Blend, sweetners with us, also perhaps Whitener.

That's OH having a gripe at me, he wants to do H/B!!! so I will be looking for recommendations for nice and good places to eat out, he is terrified he ends up ill !!! (tbf, he has ulcerative colitis & crohn's) any tips on eatings places or this hotel are welcome, again, thank you!

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: opinions please on the Mira Hotel?

some good revues babe,,and its in a handy spot.... tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g306995-d6381…

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations