We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dommat Shack

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
524 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dommat Shack

Just had a text to say Joseph and Hilda have left the shack does anyone know why. Baz

retford
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Dommat Shack

Not sure of the exact reason so not for me to say but we were told by Matthew that he had sacked them both after complaints from some customers . I only hope that the customers return to the shack otherwise it will be a waste of time sacking them. Personally I can't think of a harder working couple than Hilda and Joseph & I think they will be sadly missed by all. I hope that the family can settle their differences and carry on as they were. Vinnicus & Valencia are still quite new to running the shack and are very willing & friendly & I wish them well.

leeds
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Dommat Shack

I have been going to dommats shack for 10 years , so shocked to hear about the fall out that they have had , i have booked to go back next year for 3 weeks feb/ march . If Hilda and Joseph are not there i will have to find a new shack , i feel so strong they have been good friends to us and plenty of others . In the last four years i have taken over 20 people to the shack , which have returned them selves and have taken others to the shack, and its only through the hospitality of Hilda and Joseph that people will return year in and year out . I hope they can sort out the differences before the start of the season .

23. Re: Dommat Shack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Calangute