We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baby sitter

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
baby sitter

hi, i am planning to travel with my wife and 1.5yrs old baby, certaily we would like to know if any baby sitting arragement is available. we are planning for a trip to goa from 18th sept to 21st sept.

I would also like to know the expected expenses towards baby sitting and hotels with baby sitting facility in calangute and baga beach areas. the budget on hotel can be upto 3000.

regards

arunendra

ch.arunendra@gmail.com

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baby sitter

tripadvisor.co.uk/…55548796

This may help....

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baby sitter

Probably not such a good idea to put your email address on an open travel forum. A recipe for spam.

Take a look at the accommodation section of the forum for an idea of the sort of accommodation on offer. At the hotel budget you are looking at - it is probably unlikely that it will include the sort of hotels where formal babysitting services can be arranged by a qualified and vetted person, albeit at a fixed hotel price.

Most people on holiday in Goa seem to take their kids out with them in the evening anyway - babies usually doze off as the evening goes on in their pushchairs, on someone's lap,on a couple of chairs pushed together or, if you are in a beach shack, on the beanbags! Most shacks and restaurants, as this is all tourist central, are well used to families with kids and some even have have high chairs these days - they are also quite good at bringing the kids' food really quickly as particularly small children do not have the patience of adults when it comes to waiting for their dinner.

I know quite a few people who have very young kids with them and they do not use babysitters as a rule. In the area we stay, there is one particular lady who sometimes gets asked to babysit (she is the wife of a locally known and trusted taxi driver/tuk tuk operator), but I would not dream of passing on her details to anyone else as I would not personally be able to give the assurances about her or anyone else and why would anyone trust a complete stranger's recommendation for a babysitter?! Take the kids out with you or increase the budget and stay at one of the international chain hotels where they have formal babysitting arrangements and will be able to let you know the price (you may need to add taxes) when you contact the hotel about booking.

Happy holidays.

3. Re: baby sitter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations