We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Hi There,

Last time i ever been Melacca and tried the Teow Chew food at the Red House area. that restaurant is located at the back street. So not that easy to look for it. Is that anyone have the phone number of this 'restaurant'?

cos September im going to Melacca and I want to try the Teow Chew food again. The last time i ate is more than 10years ago and i still miss the food very much. Hope have a good news.

Thanks in advance.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Hi,

I am not sure if you are refering to the same famous Teo Soon Loong Chan (Teo Chew Restaurant). Here is the blog about it. Scroll down the bottom of the page and the second last column is about the small but famous restaurant.

jasonmumbles.com/category/…eating-in-malacca

It is in "China Town" area. It is off the small lane of Harmoney Street between an Indian temple and Cheng Hoon Teng. If you ask local people about the famous Teo Cheow Restaurant, they should be able to tell you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Hi Alex,

thanks for your info. that is the restaurant what im looking for. since so famous, some of my Melacca friend did not know about this restaurant. Will go and try the food. The yam paste is nice.

Thanks again.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Hi again,

When I mentioned previously about asking locals for direction to the restaurant, I refered to those people around Jonker Street or Harmony Street. Many probably know about this restaurant.

Many Malaccans may not know about this restaurant because firstly it is very expensive for local standard and secondly, parking is hard in china town. Malaccans are so used to plenty and easy parking that they avoid places with no parking right in front.

Malacca
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Hi there! :D

Could hae just left a comment at my blog and I would promptly reply you as well.

There's a parking lot nearby (roughly 50+m) from the restaurant. You can park there and walk to the restaurant.

Assuming you are coming from Jonker Street direction (one way), drive towards the end of the street and turn left. There's a building (on construction) and the Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball shop on your right.

Immediately after you turn left, there's parking lot on your right. Park your car there.

To get to the restaurant, you will see a Orang Utan painting at the side of the house, which is roughly 10m from your parking lot. There's a lane, which we called Jalan Tukang Besi (Blacksmith Road).

Walk down the street and you will see the restaurant just right at the crossroad. The kitchen is outside, so you won't missed it.

Malacca
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Hi there! :D

Could hae just left a comment at my blog and I would promptly reply you as well.

There's a parking lot nearby (roughly 50+m) from the restaurant. You can park there and walk to the restaurant.

Assuming you are coming from Jonker Street direction (one way), drive towards the end of the street and turn left. There's a building (on construction) and the Chung Wah Chicken Rice Ball shop on your right.

Immediately after you turn left, there's parking lot on your right. Park your car there.

To get to the restaurant, you will see a Orang Utan painting at the side of the house, which is roughly 10m from your parking lot. There's a lane, which we called Jalan Tukang Besi (Blacksmith Road).

Walk down the street and you will see the restaurant just right at the crossroad. The kitchen is outside, so you won't missed it.

Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

hi AlexMcca,

i found the website for this Teo Soon Loong Chan restaurant. That is http://www.tslcmalaysia.com/ My colleagues last month they went Melacca and so coincident they also went this restaurant for dinner. Happend we talk about Melacca and she recommend me this restaurant and pass me the name card of the restaurant then i just know the website =)

cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

Hi Jasonlioh,

thanks for your direction. im thinking to walk there from hotel cos i really dont know where to park the car if my sis come to fecth me. then i can told her where is the car park lor. ha ha.. that's good. i still can remember there is on way. really looking forward to go and eat the yam dessert again. =0)

cheers

8. Re: Teow Chew 'restaurant' at the Red House area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 15:17