We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authentic Nyonya food

Singapore
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
authentic Nyonya food

Hi,

Anyone can tell me if the nyonya food at Hotel equatorial good or not? Is it expensive? Or where can i get nice nyonya food.

Tks in advance.

Malacca, Malaysia
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: authentic Nyonya food

hi, since you are in equatorial, just a few steps walk to Makko nyonya restaurant at melaka raya, try the food there, they have all types of nyonya foods eg. ponteh, kangkong belacan, belacan fried with lady's finger and cincaluk egg, duck soup with salted vege, rendang chicken and etc.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: authentic Nyonya food

Hi,

Some people say nice, some say not and I have not tried it. It is certainly more expensive than places like Makko or Ole Sayang which is 5 min walk from the hotel almost just across the street. Ask concierge how to get there.

A lot of people like Makko but I like Ole Sayang. Try to get there before it gets busy, i.e 11-12pm or 6-7pm.

Equatorial has some rates that come with RM88 voucher, so you may use it to try the nyonya restaurant there.

Singapore
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: authentic Nyonya food

Tks guys.

4. Re: authentic Nyonya food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:19