We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aldy hotel chinatown

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jakarta
3 posts
Save Topic
aldy hotel chinatown

hi guys,

anybody has ever stayed at aldy hotel chinatown (not the one near stadhuys)? Any comments on it? I have already made reservation for 2 nights. If this branch is not good, i will cancel and try to book at another Aldy.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aldy hotel chinatown

hiya when i go to malacca i always stay at aldy in feb just gone i messed my booking up and i lost my room at the stadhuys annd had to get a room at the china towwn aldy when i check in down stairs it reminded me of a youth hostel, it was all red and pycadelic!! very open plan, then you have to go up a steep flight of stairs to the rooms when i got to my room the first thing that i noticed was the smell of varnish, the room was very clean the shower was open plan behind a partition the room seemed very basic, minimal?? there we,r 2 windows in the room with venitian blinds on them and overlooked a busy road,i just couldnt settle in so had a walk to the stadhuys aldy and managed to wangle a room due to a no show thank god!!!i stay at aldy everytime im in malacca wouldnt stay any where alse

the stadhuys aldy is amongst all the sites its at te top of jonker street across from red square its in a better place than the chinatown aldy if you want any more info just email me thanks maggieomx

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aldy hotel chinatown

Hi,

While I have not been inside the Aldy Hotel China Town, I can imagine it is like what Maggie has described.

The location is 10 minutes walk to the "China Town" that tourists go to and it is at the corner of a busy cross road, so you can imagine it can be noisy.

3. Re: aldy hotel chinatown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 05:27