We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

melaka to penang

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South - UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
melaka to penang

Approx how long does this take by Express bus?

I am going to staying in Penang but want to visit Melaka- quickest way?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: melaka to penang

hiya mike i do this trip when im in malaysia last time in feb this year i got a transnational coach from melaka sentral bus station at 9.30pm and got to butterworth at 5.30am next morning we got the first ferry over to georgetown at 6am it was quicker than going all the way over the bridge to sungei nibong bus station and cheaper, we did stop once on the way maggieomx

South - UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: melaka to penang

thanks for the info -appreciated.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: melaka to penang

Hi,

As Maggie suggested, the bus journey takes arounnd 8-9 hours depending on what bus you take. There are usually two 20-30 mins stops along the way for snack and loo breaks.

There are numbers of luxury bus where your seats is almost as wide as those in business class cabin with 45 degree reclinability. You can purchase your bus ticket in Sungai Nibong by checking out the buses first on the ground level before going 1 level up to buy the ticket. Some buses can also pick you up from Georgetown before departing from main terminal of SUngai Nibong.

South - UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: melaka to penang

thanks for this info

penang
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: melaka to penang

i am frequent traveler between m'cca and penang.

normal morning bus from m'ca to pg will take about 8-9 hours. it will stop by here and there to pick up guess and for lunch. remember to mentioned where is your destination; either sungai nibong (island) or butterworth (mainland) before you buy the ticket.

late evening bus will arrive lot faster, est ~ 6-7 hours. no stopping in between.

6. Re: melaka to penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 06:24